Yay Hurst shifter and electrical stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianGMCgirl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2014
Leduc,Alberta,Canada
Got my Hurst shifter put in....looks so pretty and shiney..with the gleaming white shifter ball :shock: however my BF broke the prong off my reverse switch...cause it was hitting my levers when he was going through the gears...got new switch(needs to be installed)..but the harness is bulky and the shifter lever will have to be bent to clear it...so I drove it to the mechanics(yup its fine when the harness was removed) nice tight shifter,just need the shift points adjusted etc...all my electrical works awesome, discovered I do indeed have a working horn! and my wipers are not slowly working..they run strong now..thanks to a friend who solved my electrical..(pinched wire in column)only issues are my temp and gas gauge...and clock (hands wont move too stiff) meh...oh well...maybe in a yr or so I will go with a digital gauge..pretty excited here...I get to drive my baby home and start enjoying her daily! 8)

canadianGMCgirl said:
Got my Hurst shifter put in....looks so pretty and shiney..with the gleaming white shifter ball :shock: however my BF broke the prong off my reverse switch...cause it was hitting my levers when he was going through the gears...got new switch(needs to be installed)..but the harness is bulky and the shifter lever will have to be bent to clear it...so I drove it to the mechanics(yup its fine when the harness was removed) nice tight shifter,just need the shift points adjusted etc...all my electrical works awesome, discovered I do indeed have a working horn! and my wipers are not slowly working..they run strong now..thanks to a friend who solved my electrical..(pinched wire in column)only issues are my temp and gas gauge...and clock (hands wont move too stiff) meh...oh well...maybe in a yr or so I will go with a digital gauge..pretty excited here...I get to drive my baby home and start enjoying her daily! 8)

So where are the pictures, a Hurst Shifter in an Elky you don't see everyday. Clears the seat fine?

ill get some pics today....yes the shifter clears my bench seat perfectly..as my seat is pretty close ..as im short and its broken..lol...the shifter rods didn't need modification! I was lucky at Hurst shifters online.the sold me the discontinued install kit...and I got the last one?...the shifter I got is the competition plus 3918794. Also lucky that the new reverse switch is smaller so the plug now doesn't hit my gears..whew...
Neuron: its a Caballero not a elky..I get pretty defensive over it getting called a Elkie..its like calling a Trans Am a Firebird...lol
I discovered I don't have the reverse lockout like the stock shifter...so I was confused with the Hurst set up and why I could not get reverse easy..then I slapped it and voila..it popped in smooth! WTF ohhhhhh that's what guys mean about slap stick!!!!!!! be nice if this girl knew that!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor