Yellow or Red Top Optima

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
How do I know which one to go with? What are the differences and which should I use?

I have the Red Top 78 series. I think the yellow is a dual purpose and maybe smaller in size, not sure. Red top is 800 cca which is about as much as you will find in a side post battery that fits under a Gbody hood. Just my 2 cents....

I'm shootin in the dark here. I believe that the yellow top are more geared toward performance along the lines of audio. If you have a system drawing a lot of power I think they recommend that. Based on what I recently read about the red top it is more on the lines of a Better than Normal Standard car battery. Assuming you don't have a giant soundsystem in your car my vote is redtop. Simply based on my knowledge. I could be way wrong though

pat mckinney racing said:
How do I know which one to go with? What are the differences and which should I use?
I have the red top in the El Camino only replaced it once in the last 11 years.( the first one got squished in the crash)
Happy with it, I noticed that Sam's Club has them now around $129. here in Phx.
I put one in the wife's Cavalier about 4 years ago also no problems.
I even put a 6 volt one in my Dad's model T

For the cost of them anymore, i'd say neither.

From there website
http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_p ... /index.php
Demand More from Your Vehicle?

The YellowTop® high-performance AGM battery is one of the only true dual-purpose automotive batteries available. With premium cranking power and unparalleled cycling capability (rechargeability), it is perfect for modern accessory-loaded vehicles. The YellowTop can repeatedly bounce back from deep power drains to full energy capacity, so it can power plenty of electronics and still start you up time after time. Lower internal resistance also provides more consistent power output and faster recharges.

Trucks with winches, vehicles with multiple electronics, cars with high-demand audio systems, commercial vehicles and heavy equipment all rely on this battery to provide ultimate starting and deep cycle power.

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines.

The OPTIMA® RedTop® high-performance AGM battery is the ultimate high-CCA starting battery designed to deliver the strongest 5-second ignition power for a reliable start-up every time. The RedTop will outperform and outlast traditional batteries in demanding cranking/starting applications. With unparalleled high power delivery and extreme resistance to the most common causes of battery failure, the RedTop is idea for trucks, SUV's, luxury cars, hot rods, off-road vehicles and other applications that require a leak-proof starting-only battery.

Endurance an Issue?

Installing an OPTIMA® BlueTop® high-performance AGM battery in your boat or RV means more running time and up to 3 times more recharges than what you’d get out of a traditional battery. It’s perfect for boats with electric trolling motors, onboard electronics or stereo systems and RV's with “creature comforts” that tend to drain batteries quickly. In addition to providing weight savings and outstanding vibration resistance, the BlueTop’s efficient power delivery and faster recharge time mean you’ll spend less time worrying about your battery. The OPTIMA BlueTop is ideal for those who need a sure-starting, strong cranking, maintenance-free power source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor