Yellow or Red Top Optima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a red top in my cherokee and really like it. Pulling my 100 watt driving lightd, head lights, heater cranked and 1000 watt amp it was all I could do to get the lights to dim. It works awesome my block heater works and it cranks my jeep over fine at -35 celcius.

NY87SS said:
Yellow's are deep cycles and deep cycles unless discharged frequently to below 20% do not last long.
I sale and own several Optima batterys. I have had the red, the blue and the yellow. I currently own 3 red tops. One is 7 years old, another is 5 years old and my newest is a year old. I have had many returns over the years on the yellow tops but the red top seems to hold out better than any of the others. Their warranty is horrible compaired to what it used to be, but if you have a problem give optima a call because they will help you out. They normally need the numbers stamped along the bottom in order to pull the correct info and build of the battery,

Red - Starting battery
Yellow - Dual Purpose Deep Cycle and Starting
Blue - Marine Deep Cycle

They are all AGM Batteries and the ones we sell at AutoZone have a 3 year free replacement.

I have a 34-78 Yellow top in my car. I haven't had any problems with mine. I only bought it because I got it really cheap.

tc1959 said:
Blake442 said:
jrm81bu said:
For the cost of them anymore, i'd say neither.

X2!

AC Delco is all I'll ever buy.
You havent had a Delco leak acid out of the Positive post yet ?

Never.
The one in my Cutlass wagon is 9 years old and I've had it in probably 8 different cars.
It even sat on the shelf for 3 years, and without charging, fired my Olds right up.

We change hundreds of AC Delco batteries a month all with the same problem, also thousands of dollars of damage to cables, and starters, not to mention all damage to everything below the battery.
I have worked for GM about 30 years and they have always had that problem.
Google AC Delco battery leaks acid check it out.
You will never see an Optima do that.

AC Delco batterys come on the big boat from Korea, that is why they are junk :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor