You got some Pimpin' Ride there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I actually get a positive feedback from my buddies and kids at school who see me driving mine,a lot of my buddies i go to tech with seem to like it alot,(quote "buy in a heartbeat") and some car guys i know.I think that the tuner cars around here seem to think of it as a granna car,which it was but now i have a 402 hp granna car,full drag race under hood and almost underneath and stock on the inside and outside.Sort of like a wolf in sheeps clothing type deal.

buickestate

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2006
London Ontario
Yoda, like what one forum member already said, you became uncool when you started to care what that young buck thought. Cool isn't doing what other's think is cool, but doing your own thing. Trust me your car is cool for many reasons, and has more respect in the car community than you realise, so much so that when it was new it was GM's best selling model. do your maintence, keep it clean , and do your thing.

Oh don't be surprised if that young buck, don't show up one day in his own cutlass.....

One more thought if that kid called your ride "Sick" that actually means he thinks your ride is cool...

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
Out on the west coast the import crowd is still huge for the "kids". Most of the younger crowd that are into muscle cars of any generation are because their parents were (or are). I know that is what happened with me, I grew up listening to my dads tales of racing his '55 Chevy and ended up with a Camaro as my first car.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
By the way, this "young buck" -- does he have a car, or does he use his mom's car? If he has a car, $10 says it's a ricer. :rofl:

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
rebelgtp said:
Out on the west coast the import crowd is still huge for the "kids". Most of the younger crowd that are into muscle cars of any generation are because their parents were (or are). I know that is what happened with me, I grew up listening to my dads tales of racing his '55 Chevy and ended up with a Camaro as my first car.

Not totally true...my dad isnt really into cars at all, ive just always prefered american cars over imports. I can remember when i was around 11 or 12 and i started noticing cars, i really liked the 80s box style caprices. When i took a high school mechanics class, most of the people were into american muscle. One dude had a little honda and we all made fun of it.

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
I have always loved the styling of the G Bodies, I owned two '82 Grand Prix's years ago ( miss one of them still, even though it was a pile ) and now just picked up an '82 Cutlass. My wife also loves them, she used to drive around in her mom's '86 Monte Carlo SS when she was younger so she is totally hooked. We went to look at the '82 Cutlass in my sig today and when the guy pulled it out of the garage, my wife was almost jumping for joy she loved it so much 8) Now THAT is a woman :twisted:

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
I think it's just that most people don't see things the way they were meant to be seen. As in, your car either has a huge cowl hood, Weld racing wheels with big tires in the back, and a monster tach bolted to the dash and is cool. Or, it's a grandma car. People just don't see the subtle mods or they don't understand the skill and dedication it takes to restore something into a better condition. I've got a friend with a foxbody Mustang who has the quarters rusting up, keeps putting money into the engine and breaking parts doing stupid things like "drifting" (even though that's not real drifting, just sliding) in the snow. I ask him "hey when you gonna fix that rust" and he just replies "I'm all go no show". It's just that people have to put thousands of dollars into a vehicle and throw an insane ammount of parts at it, for what?

/rant

Yoda

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2008
Sorry I guess I should have mentioned. Pics of my car are available on my profile.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
crash said:
I have always loved the styling of the G Bodies, I owned two '82 Grand Prix's years ago ( miss one of them still, even though it was a pile ) and now just picked up an '82 Cutlass. My wife also loves them, she used to drive around in her mom's '86 Monte Carlo SS when she was younger so she is totally hooked. We went to look at the '82 Cutlass in my sig today and when the guy pulled it out of the garage, my wife was almost jumping for joy she loved it so much 8) Now THAT is a woman :twisted:
F***ing classic. I Love it!!! :D

markcp

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2007
When I was working on my Monte, the Speed-Dee delivery guy was delivering some parts for it. I was all proud on how it was shaping up. The delivery guy stated: " Never did like those ugly Montes, they were not bad for dirt tracks though." I told him I didn't care what he thought, it was mine, and I liked it.

Sorry I just realized this is the Cutlass thread. Oh well the idea remains the same, some are haters of our G-Bodies

IMG_2948.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor