You know what keeps me going??

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
I drive a semi on a local delivery route here in the Minneapolis metro, so I get to see a lot of cars every day obviously.
Today (aside from seeing 2 80's Grand Prixs and several Montes) I was in a neighborhood in Mounds View when I saw what appeared to be a mint original 79-ish Olds Cutlass. Outstanding medium blue paint and matching rally wheels. Yeah, it was no H/O or 442, but it was really great to see it in that nice of shape. I wished it was driving around instead of sitting in the driveway facing the garage.

So anyways, remember.. People see your car even though you don't know it. Sometimes it can make a guy's day to see that sweet ride :wink:

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I've never thought of it like that. Odd to think of my car as a crowd pleaser. :lol:

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Anytime i see a gbody on the streets i'm good 8) Then i think of mine sitting in the garage for the last 6 years.. and before that it has never really been a DD since i acquired it from my buddy. That was over 14 years ago! Most G body's i see are in rough shape though, Every once in awhile you see a clean ride with nice wheels though :mrgreen:

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
Hey I live in Mounds View! I think I know which one your talking about. Was it parked at a house at the end of a street with a park on it and behind the car dealer off highway 10? If so I just started seeing that one a couple months ago. Just found out about this one too. Used to drive down the road it's on all the time and never even knew it was there till I saw this post. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/c ... 82204.html There's actually quite a few g-bodys in this town but you don't see them out too often.

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago
That's a good thought. I was driving around my town the other day, and I saw another Cutlass that looked exactly like mine, except it was almost perfect and was an '81 or an '82. You're right, it did make my day. I've been dealing with some tough things lately, I feel bad that I haven't been able to do anything car-related in a while, but it was a good reminder to see a nice car and remember that I'll get back to mine soon. :)

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
Kris_84elky said:
Hey I live in Mounds View! I think I know which one your talking about. Was it parked at a house at the end of a street with a park on it and behind the car dealer off highway 10? If so I just started seeing that one a couple months ago. Just found out about this one too. Used to drive down the road it's on all the time and never even knew it was there till I saw this post. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/c ... 82204.html There's actually quite a few g-bodys in this town but you don't see them out too often.

Yeah that's the one- behind the old Saturn Dealership. I had a delivery to the MV community center.
^^That's not a bad price on that Cutlass!! I wish I could just go buy these cars and line em up in a pole barn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor