You may not like it, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2014
..I like it.

I just purchased this 85 Monte Carlo. I'm not very car savy so I had my buddy look it over and he said it's worth what I paid for it. The guy I bought it from said it's a frame off rebuild. It has a 350 from a Nova in it. Gorilla lift kit, extended a-arms, s-10 spindles, rear end changed to handle the large wheels (more I can't remember), dual exhaust, posi traction, custom full vinyl top, new black paint, custom black leather interior. It has some SS parts, I'm not sure whats what. 24" Rockstarr's

Anyway, I was browsing the forum and figured I'd join. I see many awesome gbodys. I realise many forum members will not appreciate it the same way I do. I'm just here for advice and for the knowledge and maybe share and participate when I can.

The trim around my windshield flew off on the highway in a snowstorm on my way home. I also need to find some black seatbelts.

Attachments

• MonteCarlo.jpg
    MonteCarlo.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 455

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Looks very straight. Gotta love a clean base model Monte.
Good luck with the windshield trim. There are replacement trim clips out there but the fitment can be a little tight (tough to snap the trim in). Hopefully the vinyl top doesn't get in the way. It actually doesn't look too bad on there.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Always glad to see new members man. And hey your car is your car if thats how you like it thats all that matters. Its a nice clean car

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
Agreed very nice car, and will find most people on here just like these cars in general. Like the above post said good luck with the molding I would almost have to think the vinyl top made it fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor