you meet the nicest people on the side of the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
Last summer in the middle of the hectic stuff that was going on in my life I carved out a couple of house to meet my cousin at a car show. So I hopped in my car and blasted my way toward the car show, so happy to be able to go.
Well I was half way there when I seen a 67 chevelle sitting on the side of the road with a guy under the hood and a couple of kids bouncing in the back seat. So I stopped, to see if I could help. Well before it was all over I was rebuilding his distributor with spare parts I had with spare parts from some one else who stopped, and using tools from a jeep enthusiast who lived right across the road.
Well I never made it to the car show, but I made a couple of friends. And had just as much fun.
So I think we've all been there. Stuck on the side of the road watching people drive by with out a care. Especially when we were young and were on shoe string budgets with skills we hadn't mastered yet. I know I have. So I know we don't always have time, but us gear heads have skills and knowledge not everyone else may have.
So I guess my point is remember were you've been, remember we all can break down, and just maybe you'll have fun and make a couple friends along the way.

P.S. I did NOT write this for a pat on the back. I was just moved by the generosity of complete strangers that had never met. And I just wanted to share a good experince

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor