Zf 6 speed in my SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nermel

n00b
Aug 9, 2010
I am just about finished putting a Zf 6 speed in my SS Monte. Has ANYONE else done this? I think I may be the only one.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What type of car was this ZF trans out of, and what bellhousing, and parts etc. did you use to perform this installation?

nermel

n00b
Aug 9, 2010
The trans is out of a 95 zr1 corvette. I used the magnesium bell that came with the trans and it bolts right up.This is a much larger trans so i had do do a little surgery but nothing too serious. I used a 427 l88 flywheel and a Howe hydraulic throwout bearing. I had to space the trans off the block 1/4 inch and use a longer pilot. 26 spline Center Force clutch.On the rear I put a poly mount upside down and mounted it in one of the holes where the torque tube mounts.I will try to get some pics if anyone is interested.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor