Zr-1 wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
where did you buy them at? how much were they?

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I believe I paid $550 for a used set of silver ZR1 rims(2=9.5's & 2=11's)off of craigslist. I then sold the 9.5's for $150 and bought the 16x8's for $150-200 off of Ebay. When I switched from the el camino to the malibu and didn't feel like tubbing the rear on the malibu, I traded the 11's for 9.5's.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
yeah they look real good on your car. i just cant find a set of new ones for the price i wanna pay.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
Craigslist here in Austin has them all the time, in fact there's a guy selling some right now for $150. I couldn't tell if it was one or the whole set.

Attachments

• wheelsup-1.JPG
    wheelsup-1.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 165

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
link me if you can, i dont exaclty have the money at the moment, but as soon as my atv sells, i will probably get wheels and tires, i prefer new, because then i dont have to worry about some dihonest person selling me a warped, bent, chewed up rim.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/1099442938.html
http://killeen.craigslist.org/pts/1085431979.html
17x9.5's are easy to come by but they won't work in the front. You have to use 16x8's which are real hard to find. I search Austin craigslist every day, sometimes even Houston, Dallas, SanAntonio and Killien. I've never seen 16x8's for sale. 16x8's only came on a few camaros. 17x11 are rare but if you're looking for those you'll find them. I think a company is making 17x8's now so maybe that's the way to go. My only warning is that when you buy two from this guy and two from that guy, your silver rims might not match. That's what happen to me. My fronts are just a little shade different. Not enough to make an issue of it though

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
if you find that company let me know, like i said im gunna avoid used wheels most likely, the ones i have now are fine, i just want a more performance wheel.

mranchrum

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 4, 2009
Nashville, TN
2000.malibu.ls said:
anyone know where i can buy them at a good price? i want black ones with a chrome lip, but if i could find plain silver ones i would paint them to match the car. i was thinking of getting 17x9.5s for the front and 17x 11 for the rear, but would that rear tire cost an arm and leg to buy? Will an 11 inch wide tire fit without modifications?

Here is the link. If cant find any G-Body part it doesnt want to be found!

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ ... osacat=__0

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
A-molds ... 4th gen Camaros ran them too. Backspacing is all wrong but I do believe you can run 4 front wheels on the G-body with adapters. I THINK these were narrower too 9" instead of 9.5" like the Vette front

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor