El Camino clip swap picture thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
Someone was asking about doing a clip and door swap on an El Camino this morning. I thought it would be interesting to start a thread showing some of Gen 5 El Camino front end swaps. I pulled some of the pictures from the customs gallery here and have some others I downloaded from other sites.

From firsthand experience it can be a good deal of work but it definitely makes for some interesting trucks and I applaud the work that people have done to make these one offs.

Anybody have anymore pictures?

As I recall this is one of the factory Choo Choo conversions.

Swap6.jpg

And this is a Monte SS Conversions

swap5.jpg

My 78 Monte Clip swap

pass83.jpg

Some others

swap2.jpg

swap3.jpg

swap4.jpg

Swap1.jpg

This one is a little over the top, but I like it (can’t afford the kit, but I do like it LOL)

Swap7Studebaker_El_Camino.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I saw this one on E Bay, the work on the back was interesting (and looked pretty high quality), but from the side the more angular lines of the El Camino front didn’t seem to work that well with the rounded Cadillac rear (JMO).

Swap8.jpg

here is mine , enough said

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
My favorite El Camino swap (front clip and more) i've seen is Al Shapiro's "Grand Camino", featured in GM High-Tech Performance a few years ago:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/fe ... index.html

Although given their relative collectibility, it seems a shame to part a GN out to make one of these, unless of course you can find one that's been wrecked in the rear…

Attachments

• 0604htp_1984_el_camino_08_z.jpg
    0604htp_1984_el_camino_08_z.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 11,031
“......My favorite El Camino swap (front clip and more) i've seen is Al Shapiro's "Grand Camino", featured in GM High-Tech Performance a few years ago:.......”

Thanks for posting that. I was hunting for a picture of that one to include. It’s a very nicely done conversion.

Bolted this one on and drove it for awhile, never did get around to finishing it..... to many projects!

Attachments

• camino ft corner.jpg
    camino ft corner.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 7,939
I love the '79 Monte front clip and the GN front clip :!:

If it makes y'all feel any better that entire GN front clip can be purchased through aftermarket sources, so we can say that they didn't chop up an actual GN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor