parts for our gp's we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeggieGbody

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2010
tennessee
lists the parts you would like to have repo. this does not mean they will be made just to see if we get alot of people asking for parts to be made they might consider making them.
parts i like to see made are.
grille
headlight bezel
parking lights
side lamps
reverse lights
tail lights
bumper fillers front and back
hood ornimant if possible
rear ornimant if possible
fenders
doors
quarter panels
hood
trunk lid
thats all i got right now. post what you would like to see made

I have a 2+2, but I could use the doors & quarters. I could also use bumper rub strips, and the covers that go over the screws that hold the pull straps on the inside door trim panels.

most things listed are also things i would like to see made.

a dash and dash bezel and they're both universal parts among the pontiacs so they cover many applications, plenty of customers to be had with those two. i'm surprised i dont see them mentioned. and there are other non pontiac g body owners wanting a GP dash too so that's even more customers.

I agree with HeggieGbody... :mrgreen: Mostly trim and plastic chrome plated parts ie: grilles, headlight bezels, taillights, housings, turn signal lenses,...etc etc... Center consoles would be cool and maybe quarter panels as well. 8) Silver GP gauges?? Some aftermarket support for G body Gp's would be awesome!! :wink:

85GPLef41 said:
I agree with HeggieGbody... :mrgreen: Mostly trim and plastic chrome plated parts ie: grilles, headlight bezels, taillights, housings, turn signal lenses,...etc etc... Center consoles would be cool and maybe quarter panels as well. 8) Silver GP gauges?? Some aftermarket support for G body Gp's would be awesome!! :wink:

I appreciate you taking the time to do this. What I want to see is more GP owners posting. Toby & I have already discussed this before 9 Am this morning. So we are listening. The more people posting & asking makes it easier for us to take to the manufactures & say we have this many people interested in this many products. But please only post what you need & what you would purchase for your car. If you have no rust in your quarter panel please do not post Quarter panel patches.
We do not want to neglect a Gbody but we also do not want to have parts built that we can not move. We also can not ask the manufacturer to build tooling & not move the product. They will try & re-coupe that $ else where which will lead to higher pricing for others.

I would like a quarter cuz it was backed into by my buddies mom when he owned it. :| I got a a friend who did body work straighten it out but the body lines are off. Now others may not notice it but i do. I almost took a 6hr road trip to buy a NOS quarter but it wasn't worth it... I actually ran across a clean decent looking GP last week and the drivers side quarter seemed in good shape. I just might take my portable sawzall and cut it out problem fixed!! 8) Your right about getting panels done and not selling that would suck! BUT I think Grilles and chrome plated plastic stuff would sell. I for one would love to pick up a clean stock looking grille's and headlight trim and tailight housing etc etc . I got quoted 400+ to get my ok looking grille redone by a local shop!! :wtf: and that was depending on it's condition!! The GP has always been a b*st*rd child of the gbody family i think, and IMO the best of the bunch! I love the othe gbody's as well but it seems to me that everybody and their grandma has one... GP's are a special bunch!! I strongly believe the G body platform is the next "muscle" car of the future and the "common" G Body will be in demand. Thank you guys making the effort to make parts for us!

Sorry but I don't think there are enough GP's out there to make it worth making body parts. I have the suspension and drive train I like so when this body starts to have issues I won't be waiting for parts that may never show up, I'll just look for another metric body to drop on it

There are many Grand Prix owners and Pontiac enthusiasts out there like me who would love to see new doors, fenders, and body parts available for their projects. I also agree with the dash bezel, mine is broke in two places from taking it off and putting it on many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor