My monte build up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Well i finally got pics up of my newest project. It needs cosmetic work but runs good. I havent gotten to drive it far but what i have done ive had no problems. The radiator is low but its not a rusty red color. It also has a overdrive transmission which shouldhelp with highway driving and gas. I want to get alittle more torque out of it, not sure how yet without tearin apart the motor which i dont want to do for awhile. Ill keep up to date on what ive done and pics of the progress, everyone loves pics.
PICT0071.jpg

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Time for a trip to Copher's to get some sway bars and a axle with better gearing. Cool find though. You don't see too many T top cars left as most have rusted to destruction. It's also nice to have another person from the Tampa area on the forum!

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Since i will be bagging this one i wont be putting a sway bar on it. It binds up when you go too low and i will be too low 8) I didnt have a sway bar or even shocks on the GP and it rode great.

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
good project. im bagging my SS right now. check out my build thread in the photo's/drawings section. good luck bro, its nice to see that other people are willing to bag a Monte on here! alos, if thats your shadow in the picture you look like one big mother****er!

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
:lol: Funny sh*t dude i saw that myself and was like " man i look like a freakin gorrilla" HA HA. I am a big guy at 6-3 265 but i was looking down at the camera while taking the pic since it has a swivel screen on it. So thats why i look like i have no neck. :oops:

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Well got the handles shaved the poor mans way for now. Basically took the rod from the handle that pushes down on the latch and modified it to fit in the key cylinder so now when i turn the key [as if to unlock the door] it nows pushes the latch down and opens the door. Atleast itll keep thiefs out unless they just smash my window out. :x Next is the trunk lock since i have a power trunk release ill just eliminate the key cylinder and relocate the trunk button from the glove box to hide it. Ill post pics of the shave job and more soon.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Well heres the pics of the drivers door handle shaved and the antenna shaved, next is the trunk key cylinder and passenger door
shavedoor1.jpg

antshave.jpg

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
its coming along. im thinking i might actually shave my handles. i shaved my antenna, that was the first thing to go. good luck on the build.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
cool project. very cool. i can't wait to see how this one turns out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor