My monte build up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
raido's antenna

cd's are better than a radio anyday :lol: i really like your work !!!! i hope you don't get mad at me ,cause i think i'am going to copy your idea on the door's it realy look's good i'am in the middle of fixing the t-top's think rust!!!d

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Thanks everyone. As for the antenna they sell ones that go under the dash or i just hook up my ipod, but i am along way from doing interior work.

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
Another option would be to buy a windsheild for a 81 Monte, the antenna is built into the windsheild. The worst thing is trying to find the wire that comes from the window to the radio.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Ok well i did a seperate post on "opinions of shaved taillights" and noone seemed to think it was a good idea, so i went ahead and did half of what i said i was going to do and shaved the tag opening. Im putting the pics here cause this is my build up thread. My friend Jorge at Krucial Kolors in Tampa is helping me. He did the Grand prix as well.
http://krucialkolors.com/
shavedtag.jpg

Next i need to fill in the bumper. Anyone have a junk rear bumper of the same style?

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
This is pretty much what mine will do....http://rauhalliset.net/ville/AirPlate.mpg

I was even thinking of taking the tag plate and fliping it upside down to mount it to the bottom of the bumper and using an air actuator to push the tag down then when you release the air it springs up flat with the bottom of the bumper.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Well i started mocking up my bucket seats. I need to make a bracket to raise the rear about 2" and a bracket for the front in side mount. They sit perfect for me being that im 6'3 and the stock seats make me look like im in a go cart.
DSCI0219.jpg

And here is a photoshop of the back seats i might do. Its actually the back seat of a Bently GT but i can get some buckets from maybe a geo metro, something small, and build up around it to look close to that.
backseatbently.jpg

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Well today after discusing it with my body guy that the roof was too rusted and hacked up from someones previous repair i then decided to pull the sawzall out of the trunk. (should have seen the look on his face)LOL . I still need to do some detail work on getting the edges to match the shape of the top of the doors.
choppedtop.jpg

4-19-08.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor