1979 El Camino Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
i took a few pictures the other day of the braces i made up. and yesterday i put on a set of kyb's in the front. it rides pretty good, the old shocks were totally blown. i also just got a new air cleaner lid, let me know what you think.
downsized_0520111303.jpg

downsized_0522111833.jpg

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Looks good! What you doin with you old air cleaner lid?

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
1979ratrod said:
kuruption109 said:
what it cost u to make the long braces?
it only cost me $10 at home depot. a 10 foot long section of threaded pipe.
SWEEEET.. ive been meaning to stop @ homedepot so now i really have an excuse to go ahahahaha :D ..keep up the good work... another question exactly how long is each brace?

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
kuruption109 said:
1979ratrod said:
kuruption109 said:
what it cost u to make the long braces?
it only cost me $10 at home depot. a 10 foot long section of threaded pipe.
SWEEEET.. ive been meaning to stop @ homedepot so now i really have an excuse to go ahahahaha :D ..keep up the good work... another question exactly how long is each brace?
haha thanks man and they are both the same size but i for =get exactally how long. ill measure them later but if you do make them drill the holes first and then measure the distance. another thing is that they are really close to the wiper motor arm so when you go to bolt them in at the firewall flip the bolts upside down to the head if facing down si it doesent touch. i had to disconect the arm to get a wrench in. itwas only like 2 little bolts, no biggie. hope this helps haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor