1984 Hurst Olds Aero

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronCastKnight

Apprentice
Sep 8, 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Re: Latest Aquisition

You got that beauty for 1500? Ugh! Uuuuuuuuuugh! I am hating you to the death, sir.

Seriously, that is one rad-*ss ride right there. It is maybe a little bit ricey, but it works really really well on the Cutlass and makes it looks completely badass, like a RX-7 FC after a vigorous training regime at the gym.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010

Long as you like it is all that matters. I'm just not a fan of the body kit good luck with your new build.
The hurst wheels are very cool and I think they will look good on a olds G body

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY

88hurstolds said:
Poor man's photoshop using MS Paint:

Some of the newer Hurst wheels:
15x8 Gold

17x10 Black

20x10 Black
Best of lock with this sweet Olds. Where did you find those Hurst wheels

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006

YGspider said:
...The 15 ISS3 Will really make a diffrence I say keep it Olds Rallys.
I agree. Don't take wrong way but I feel none of those wheels will look good due to the interior. The one thing about the true H/Os (or any car for that matter) is the whole car was taken into consideration.

With the Claret interior the gold won't match; as with the '78/'79 the aluminum gold wheels complimented not only the gold exterior accents but also the tan (can't think of the actual name) interior. If the exterior were burgundy it would look decent but then would kind of overkill with the interior unless it had some contrasting accents.

It appears the grilles and bezels are blacked-out so a choice would be the black-accent wheels BUT again, it really doesn't go with the entire car. If the interior was black or a dark gray it may work with the dk gray wheels.

I think nice chrome wheels with RWL tires would be nice, or if going with a black-wall perhaps a lower-profile?

Just my thoughts.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

Have no intentions of installing Hurst wheels, just was looking to see what they would look like since it was mentioned.
Car is going back to factory original paint scheme as mentioned before, if they got any style Hurst wheel they'd be the 17x8 black style however I am most likely going to keep the black 15" SSIII's that are on there now with no trim rings or inserts, just center caps and perhaps put a tomato red pinstrip on the outside lip like the factory SSIII's, not entirely sure yet...

My black '88 H/O is most likely going to get gold Hurst wheels though... but that's another topic for discussion.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

It's the last dam Cutlass, I swear!
Well maybe a nice original low mile blue '86 442 with a sunroof :lol:
But that's it... I really have no desire to keep all these.
I really need to get rid of the spare '83 H/O maple hardtop that's in pieces and the rusty '85 white/claret 442 T-top body I have... would make a great resto project like Toby's doing.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006

Yeah, yeah, you say this is your last but we know better.

I said the same thing about my Oldsmobiles, Impalas, other Chevrolets, Fords, women, beers, Jack Daniels, Capt. Morgan...

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812

88hurstolds said:
It's the last dam Cutlass, I swear!
Well maybe a nice original low mile blue '86 442 with a sunroof :lol:
But that's it... I really have no desire to keep all these.
I really need to get rid of the spare '83 H/O maple hardtop that's in pieces and the rusty '85 white/claret 442 T-top body I have... would make a great resto project like Toby's doing.
Shoot me a price on a package deal Mike.
Send some pics if you don't mind also.
BTW nice score for $1500

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

I dismantled the front end to restore the engine bay this winter and it's just been too dam cold to do anything at the shop even with space heaters.
I am completely restoring the engine bay to factory original and installing the correct TH2004R OZ trans and 8.5" 3.73 posi rear.
The rear should be here in a couple weeks from member here and that will be bead blasted and painted at my friends heated shop so that will give me something to do in the next few weeks.
It's too cold to paint the rebuilt VIN9 307 or clean up the engine bay, can't wait for the weather to let up so I can start back up on this project...

Attachments

• 84ho.jpg
    84ho.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 286
  • 84ho1.jpg
    84ho1.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 270
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor