Big Block '82 Malibu wagon thrash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Congratulations and good luck in your new digs, Matt.
Nice new shop facility. I guess you've had it with the soggy northwest :lol:

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
Well, it has been coming for a while. Since the rear windows don't roll down in the G body wagons, it is going to fall out of favor. When towing or at the races with a carful, it's not all that fun being trapped in the back. I've placed the car for sale in the past, but since I'm buried in it, I can't see giving it away. I bought a really nice 78 2WD burb, 454, all the goodies. Ran great last night and went to start it this morning and it was a no go. Rolled over like it had no compression, so I slipped on a new timing set, as it looked like it was out. Still no go. I pulled the engine out of the wagon for the burb and that starts the motion. Let me know what you need. Rust free body and frame. A/C car, Tach and 115 MPH speedo dash, tilt, healthy 700 R4, 2.56 Detroit locker rear, ATS spindles tied to 13.5" Bears, monte carlo sway bars front and rear. Be reasonable, car is in Phoenix.
Cheers, Matt

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Matt,
Sorry to see the ole' wagon being kicked to the curb, but you do what you gotta do.
I hope it goes to a good home. It's a nice candidate for an LS engine.

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
dag nabbit... if this was last yr I would have hooked up the trailer and headed out for a road trip, but unfortunately I got the one I have now... can't complain tho, the one I have is in pretty good shape, all stock tho :( . Good luck on finding a good home for it, its a very nice wagon

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Man that stinks, sorry to see you sell it. I had a few suburban's, and currently own an 04 Denali. Love them big ol things.

Did I hear ATS spindles??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor