Custom console ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
jetsetw31 said:
And darbysan was that Blazer console from a 2 door or 4 door?
T

I don't know. Bought it on Ebay. Doubt if there is any difference, though

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
Trezzy98 said:
Do anybody have custom console's? Or Took one from another vehicle with minimum mods??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here you go check this out- i want to do the 3rd gen camaro console viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18027

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
Peter said:
My brother (whom builds furniture) built me a custom one out of walnut

16bk6xw.jpg

122yt21.jpg

He did good,i like it

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
darbysan said:
I've used consoles out of a late 90's blazer, and also out of a 2004 GP. both fit well, and were easy to install. The Blazer worked well when I still used the column shifter. They also make a floor shifter version. The GP came with the GP shifter, and it hooked up well to my 200-4r.
Blazer version
P1010002.jpg

GP Version
CIMG3142.jpg

What are those grey seats out of ?

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Grey and also tan seats are 98 Acura CL seats.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
darbysan said:

if it's not to much to ask.What did you do to make them work ? Are they re covered ? An say if i did find some light colored ones you think i could die them burgundy

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
skulledmonte84 said:
darbysan said:

if it's not to much to ask.What did you do to make them work ? Are they re covered ? An say if i did find some light colored ones you think i could die them burgundy

Install took a little grinding and then farbricating some mounts from flat bar stock. No welding. Hardest part was figuring out the wiring ( which I have if you need it). I also have some drawings of the simple brackets I made for the install. Overall, it took maybe 2 hours to do the second set. They are covered in leather (factory). I did have the blue set dyed ( they were grey to start). Company called ColorGlo ( they have franchises all over the Country). Color match was good, but I felt like the dye was not as permanent as I would have liked. Some wear after a year or so was visible. Not bad, but I felt they would not hold up for the long term.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
Thanks. Could you pm me that info,if that cool with you,i just want to say i am not sure if this is what i want to do,I don't want you to fell like you wasted your time, Taken the time to explain, if i choice not to go this route .Maybe you could post a thread for everybody to see.The wiring kind of makes me want to move on to something that's not powered but if you don't mind explaining am listening

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
The wiring will depend on what year Acura seats you get. Essentially, you have 1 power wire in for the seat, one power wire in for the heater, a switch for the heater, and a ground. The trick is finding out which wires are what on the Acura side. As for explaining how to modify the seats to fit, that again depends on what year seats you get. Suffice it to say you have to grind off a couple of rivets, drill a couple of holes, and bend up a couple of pieces of flat bar stock. A hacksaw, vise, drill, wrenches and grinder are all you will need for tools. As for helping, I don't mind getting deeply involved once you have the seats- but trying to explain it to you will not be easy without you looking at the seats. I don't have a detailed write-up about it, as most folks go the route of GM seats ( which are much easier to install).

Seat brackets are pretty simple- this is one of them to give you an idea. ( rear for driver's side)
RearSeatBracket.jpg

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
Yea it doesn't sound like too hard of work,i just like to get my ducks in a row before taking on a project that i am not familiar with asking a lot of question even if there dumb ones,cause you never know what your going to run into,I have about a dozen different seats on the list 25.00 each for a seat here in pa That don't mater what kind or newer/older i think the newest cars an trucks they got are 2002 an older .i'll hit you up if i get the seats.Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor