Good sounding exhaust

Diablo1979

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2023
Hello everybody, as some of you may know already I am doing a transmission swap in my 1979 GMC Diablo from automatic to factory set up 4 speed manual. The Diablo has a GM crate 350 290hp stock. It currently has manifolds with true dual exhaust routed to the passenger side (stock transmission crossmember)with offbrand Flowmaster mufflers straight out past the back bumper. It sounds OK, but I’m looking to improve. Once the four-speed is in, I would like to put a set of headers and
2 1/2” exhaust on it with a G Force crossmember. My question is, does anybody have any good ideas for a good sounding exhaust/muffler for the car with a stock crate 350. Looking for the deep rumble when shifting gears if it grabs attention because it’s loud that is OK. But not looking for it to crackle when doing so if that makes sense… thanks in advance for any suggestions/comments!

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I like the Rattlers. They have the Mad Max Interceptor sound. And less dollars than Flow Master.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I’m looking into the Hooker Blackheart system myself. 2.5” just not sure how much rumble they have.
IMG_4936.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor