Help Identifying Connectors 87 Monte

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
As the title states I’m in the middle of putting back together my car after 2 years and need help identifying plugs.

I switched to a regal dash but don’t know why gm would make them different to plug into. Never the less I don’t have the factory dash to compare to.

IMG_1156.jpeg
IMG_1155.jpeg

IMG_1154.jpeg
IMG_1153.jpeg
IMG_1152.jpeg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
A few ideas.

First Image (1156)
Black orange brown might be for the cornering lamps will plug on end of TS switch connector on column.

Turn signal flasher( clips on metal frame for the dash just right of the steering column.

Blue and gray wires ???

Image (1155)

Orange and white wires are for the dome light /courtesy lights.

Brown and gray wires ???

Image(1154)
Purple wire is a power tap it gets plugged into the fuse block front.

Brown wire ???

Image(1153)
Connector for the cruise control module, module should be above the gas pedal

Last pic (1152)
12Ga Pink (used to be red) is a power tap that goes in the front of the fuse block for power seats, locks and defogger if equipped. The tan beige looking wire if for the e brake warning switch on the top of the e brake pedal assembly.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
My guesses using my electrical service manuals.
Pic 1. The there wire connector with the dark blue, gray/black stripe, gray wires is cruise control wires from the multi-function lever. As noted the turn signal fasher. That last connector is looking like the C105 connector which is as noted for cornering lights & plugs into the steering column connector for the turn signal switch.

Pic 2. The one with the brown & 2 gray wires is the cruise control brake switch connector. The other one with the orange & white wires is the brake switch connector for the brake lights.

Pic 3. This is the connector for the rear window deforgger wire that runs to the glass.

Pic 4. That is anothr connector for the cruise control, connects the circuits between the control module & control servo, listed as C372. As alredy noted.

Pic 5. That one with the heavy pink wire looks to be the power window fuse box connector. The tan wire looks to be for the parking brake switch. Both as already noted.

You might have to remember where you source the harnesses from unless they came with the car. It seems like you have '84-'85 wiring in the car.

Reactions: 1 users

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
My guesses using my electrical service manuals.
Pic 1. The there wire connector with the dark blue, gray/black stripe, gray wires is cruise control wires from the multi-function lever. As noted the turn signal fasher. That last connector is looking like the C105 connector which is as noted for cornering lights & plugs into the steering column connector for the turn signal switch.

Pic 2. The one with the brown & 2 gray wires is the cruise control brake switch connector. The other one with the orange & white wires is the brake switch connector for the brake lights.

Pic 3. This is the connector for the rear window deforgger wire that runs to the glass.

Pic 4. That is anothr connector for the cruise control, connects the circuits between the control module & control servo, listed as C372. As alredy noted.

Pic 5. That one with the heavy pink wire looks to be the power window fuse box connector. The tan wire looks to be for the parking brake switch. Both as already noted.

You might have to remember where you source the harnesses from unless they came with the car. It seems like you have '84-'85 wiring in the car.

This helps a bunch! I already figured out the rear defrost, power windows, brake light switch and parking brake switch. The others that are mentioned to be cruise control I have already deemed I don’t need. They all interconnect some shape or form when I trace them out.

The turn signal/corner lighting is all to the flat connector on the side of the column. So unsure what the last mystery connector which you mentioned on 1st photo is.

The dash is from a 1986 regal limited.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
This helps a bunch! I already figured out the rear defrost, power windows, brake light switch and parking brake switch. The others that are mentioned to be cruise control I have already deemed I don’t need. They all interconnect some shape or form when I trace them out.

The turn signal/corner lighting is all to the flat connector on the side of the column. So unsure what the last mystery connector which you mentioned on 1st photo is.

The dash is from a 1986 regal limited.
That last one is for conering lights which the Regal had as an option in '86 but wasn't one for the Monte Carlo in '87. Only '81 to '85/'86 it was an option on non SS cars. So your column connector for the turn signal switch won't be set up to use that connector. But for it being out of an '86, the brake light connector is missing the light blue wire that is crimped with the white wire. It'll supply power to the third brake light.

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
That last one is for conering lights which the Regal had as an option in '86 but wasn't one for the Monte Carlo in '87. Only '81 to '85/'86 it was an option on non SS cars. So your column connector for the turn signal switch won't be set up to use that connector. But for it being out of an '86, the brake light connector is missing the light blue wire that is crimped with the white wire. It'll supply power to the third brake light.
Yeah I did figure that out after pulling apart the fuse box and noticing the third brake light doesn’t have a pin.

No worries I’m getting a section of the brake switch wiring from another car and will splice it in.

Gotcha, well since I don’t have cornering lights then this can go!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor