Hurst1979Olds's Build(t) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
Great work! You gotta love an Olds stroker :D I'm attending UNOH for auto/high performance and I'm hoping to pick up a Rocket 350 for my Salon and do all the work while I'm here, it's definitely a great school for the field.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
GhettoRacingKid said:
nice build!!
thanks.

trocutlass63 said:
Great work! You gotta love an Olds stroker :D I'm attending UNOH for auto/high performance and I'm hoping to pick up a Rocket 350 for my Salon and do all the work while I'm here, it's definitely a great school for the field.
Ya I loved going to college there. Great school. I hope you dont live on campus. While there I did my machine work on my block, and I milled, installed new seats, and valve guide liners on a set of olds heads....Theyre now on my mail box.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
I was just wondering if it was costing you more than a standard engine build being a Diesel block.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Burnhard said:
I was just wondering if it was costing you more than a standard engine build being a Diesel block.
Yes because I had to have custom crank grinding. Also because I put good stuff in there. Edelbrock heads, Keith Black Forged pistons, stud girdle, etc. If I kept it a 350 it wouldnt have been so bad. But since its a stroker it was more. But not much more.

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
hurst1979olds said:
Burnhard said:
Yes because I had to have custom crank grinding. Also because I put good stuff in there. Edelbrock heads, Keith Black Forged pistons, stud girdle, etc. If I kept it a 350 it wouldnt have been so bad. But since its a stroker it was more. But not much more.

someone could build a a stout bottom end using the stock crank/stroke and save alot of coin...a halo girdle isn't really needed on a diesel block either so that could save some coin too

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Its a holley single plane intake. Its been port matched. Thats about it. Im going to upgrade to the Edelbrock victor jr down the road. but for now it seems to be fine. Plenty of power....but a little extra never hurt.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
How big a piston can you put in a diesel block [over bore size],What would you have with a stock crank with max over bore for cu ?

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
4.250" is about the max but the block should be sonic tested to be safe...that'd bring you to about 384 cubes by boring it

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
great build... keep up the great work. The interior and engine turned out awesome. I am also a little partial to the body style :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor