Hurst1979Olds's Build(t) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Thanks guys. Glad to hear alot of people like my ride as well. Ya I couldve done just a regular 350 olds or a 455 olds, but Ive always been one to do things alittle different and be unique. I think I accomplished that with my engine. Now how about a little video of the engine running when I first built it. I got to build it at work after hours, since I didnt have a garage and such to do it in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJOvfaoZ ... ideo_title

gbody442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2010
:popcorn: sweeet,sweeet and real sweet.lol.i love the 79's.a good buddy of mine has a mint black on black one total restored.i have a 73 455 h/o allmost done,ground up resto.i'm staying tuned for the end on this one.if you need parts lemme know,i'll give you his number.we are h/o gu rues 73-84 and have lots of contacts.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
gbody442 said:
:popcorn: sweeet,sweeet and real sweet.lol.i love the 79's.a good buddy of mine has a mint black on black one total restored.i have a 73 455 h/o allmost done,ground up resto.i'm staying tuned for the end on this one.if you need parts lemme know,i'll give you his number.we are h/o gu rues 73-84 and have lots of contacts.
Thanks, I knew a guy in CT i bought alot of H/O stuff off of. His 79 h/o was the one used in all the advertizing for the car. Linda Vaughn did the pictures with it. It had t-tops, and came factory with AM/FM/CB. He just finished restoring it and came out beautiful....im very envious.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
http://www.marchperf.com/olds_350rocket.html
Well I went out and bought the March kit for my car. I've been looking at it and talking to the guys from March since before they designed it. I ordered it on Friday. Should have it wednesday and installed by next weekend. Will keep you guys posted but will look good when its done.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Well I finally got my serpentine put on. It took me longer then I expected. I had a little house troubles and I ended up redueing my laundry room and mud room with porcelin tile and had to paint and stuff. The wife said the car had to be put on hold until I finished. So heres the final product of the serpentine.

Attachments

• IMAG0540.jpg
    IMAG0540.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,141
  • IMAG0542.jpg
    IMAG0542.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,138
  • IMAG0541.jpg
    IMAG0541.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,143
  • IMAG0546.jpg
    IMAG0546.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,142

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
Looking like a beastly cutlass. I got mine as my first car about the same time. Such a fun car to work on. Keep the posts comn.

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
BEAUTIFUL engine there! I actually have one of the diesel blocks I should be pulling from one of my cars here in the next couple weeks if I get off my butt and start working on it. I have been considering selling it though you really are making me think about doing a conversion for it and finding a later 80's body car to put it in and build a seriously custom car. I have someone trying to convince me that I should build a twin turbo motor using the block and incorporate a modified fuel injection manifold to bring that up to date.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
littlerascle59 said:
Thanks. The car has been on the back burner with everything else I got going on. But come spring I will at least be driving it again. and once the camaro is finished and I paint it then I will paint the cutlass back to original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor