Hurst1979Olds's Build(t) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32796#.Uf_2HW2neAY

Hope this gets moved into the new Section for Build Threads.

Sorry I don't have anything to update about the car. I have just been driving it occasionally on the weekends. When my truck was down I drove it every day....Hurt my wallet after awhile I have a 100 mile round trip to work. But with the new EFI I finally saw just over 13mpg. Which the best I was able to get with the carby was 10mpg.

jones20992

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2014
Great car! Just a few ? for ya.

Where did you get the front seat covers?

Any reason you passed on the gold or stripe kit?

Have you recieved much backlash over the non stock engine or paint? (as I also have considered non stock powerplant and gold delete on mine)

Do you know what the differences between the D and DX blocks? (cant find a DX local for less then a !@#$ton of money)

Would you mind posting up more details on the mechine work on the rotating assy?

TIA. Once again absolutly stunning H/O!

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I got the seat covers from Parts Place.

I bought the car all white and want to put the Gold back on this summer.

I have had noone say anything about not putting an original motor in it. Hell when I got it, it had a 67 330 in it. So since the original motor is long gone might as well go all out.

The D block is a flat tappet cam and DX block is a roller cam block.

What else do you want to know about the rotating assembly? Its a 425 crank, 3/8" taken off the counterweights, ground on a 4" stroke for a BBC rod, factory balance holes filled, got factory forged BBC rods and off the shelf 400 SBC pistons.

jones20992

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2014
Thanks so much that info really helped me once again great ride!

LioFR

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2012
Sete,south of France
Wow.....very nice job !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor