IROC Wagon Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I too am curious if there is any progress?

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Well, it's either work on the car or post about working on the car. I travel every week and typically run off without my photos so I can't very well post them if I don't have them with me.

Really been focused on getting the chassis on it's own four wheels, albeit not the wheels I'll be using on the finished product. Had finish (color) issues with the front spindles so I had them redone. Now they look like they weren't done which was what I wanted from the beginning. Rear axle was more about out and out expense as it was about not being important until I got the front sorted out.

The rear is an 8.5 Ten Bolt from an 85 Grand National. Rear Disc brakes from a 2002 Z28 using the rear rotors with a hat style parking brake. Brackets from an 87 Corvette hold the IROC rear brake lines in place coupled to stainless lines I bent myself.

The front is also 2002 Z28 with big rotors and calipers. No, they're not six piston Brembos but they'll damn sure stop the car with minimal effort.

Fuel lines are still a work in progress although next weekend I should be able to button them up. Just a matter of tweaking a couple of bends and making sure the filter doesn't rub or have the potential to bang on the frame making one of those hair pulling noises one can't figure out.

Attachments

• DSC00536.JPG
    DSC00536.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,461

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Stupid Hotel wireless internet is slow and reliable.

Attachments

• DSC00534.JPG
    DSC00534.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,354
  • DSC00545.JPG
    DSC00545.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,356
  • DSC00572.JPG
    DSC00572.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,350

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Last ones, at this speed I could be here until morning. ...

Attachments

• DSC00489.JPG
    DSC00489.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,318
  • DSC00556.JPG
    DSC00556.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,317
  • DSC00512.JPG
    DSC00512.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,356

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice work! Keep it up... :) We love pics in case you don't know.. :lol:

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
I'm "Old School" dude. No hydraulic clutches for me. Need to have that mechanical feel under my left heel. I can't even imagine what it would feel like to powershift with a squish clutch. I envision my foot to the flloor, making that first to second gear shift and then, like a kid peeing the bed, there's a puddle under the car. Maybe an over exaggeration. ...

I'll post some more mundane photos once I get back to my office in AZ. :roll:

Regardz, ...ssbrewskyaz

Attachments

• DSC00586.JPG
    DSC00586.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,151
  • DSC00533.JPG
    DSC00533.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,160
  • DSC00557.JPG
    DSC00557.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,146

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Thanks for the comments. Just trying to keep up with you'all.

I'll tell you a little more about my sending unit when I find out if it's going to work or not. I mean, it’ll work but I don’t know what the starvation factor will be on hard launches. The wagon tank has a slosh panel but I don't know if it's going to be enough. I may end up modifying a fuel pump bucket out of a SSEi Bonneville.

Basically this is a lot of trial and error to get the right stand pipe length using a fuel injection pump and making the tank still appear completely stock. I've looked at a lot of sending units from injected cars and trucks to get where I'm at with this today. Thankfully I only ended up buying two, one bad guess, one good guess, the rest were bad guesses.

Rear view mirror torn off, I ain't never lookin back. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor