Is this a real W30-w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
For at least 6 years this car has been sitting in my best friends parents yard. It is his brothers but just recently did he start getting into Gbody's. I was under the impression that this car was built by someone and not a dealership or factory build. That was my own personal opinion because I had never seen this hood on one and never seen one with a sunroof or anything that this one has as for appearance. Long story short I finally went and took a look at this thing and when I opened the door the beautiful word jumped out at me W-30. Everything on this car seems to be original because the dinge and ware on it is equal no matter what part of the car. They do know the second owner of the car and he said that was exactly how he purchased it and that he bought it from an old lady whos husband passed away. Pretty reliable guy from what I am told.

Heres my issue the car is an 81 but it has ALL the characteristics of a W-30. I was under the impression they did not build them in 81. Car is an orignal 350 car.

Here are some pics of it please let me know what you guys think

The hood believe it or not is the best aftermarket hood I have ever seen if it is one. The reason I am saying that is because the bottom of this fiberglass hood is actually molded for the hook to latch onto when it closes and it also has a molding for the hood prop to actually slide into. It also matches the cars original color if you scrape a little of the paint off,. Original color is the same color as the vinyl top or interior.

w30-2.jpg

w30-3.jpg

w30-1.jpg

w30-5.jpg

w30-6.jpg

w30-7.jpg

w30-8.jpg

w30-9.jpg

w30-10.jpg

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
ALSO HAS PLASTIC INNER FENDERS LIKE THE 70'S 442'S DID
w30-4.jpg

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Nope, someone modified it.

Last year for a W-30 with a 350 was in 1980. They also never produced that W-25 hood. It's aftermarket.

All G-body's have plastic fender wells and those W-30 emblems on the door panels were likely just bought at a junkyard/swap meet and stuck on.

That sunroof is aftermarket as well.

If it was a real W-30 with an original 350 it would have been an Olds 350. Those motor mounts in the picture are for a Chevy. It's likely not an original 350 car unless it was a diesel.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I dont think thats an original 350 car(thought the only 350 was a diesel for these yrs) the triple gauges tell me it was a motor swap at some time. W30 did not exist as far as I know, the hood is a aftermarket unit for sure. If the block says 39558-2 you will know right there that its not the original(look in between the intake and water pump to the right of the oil filler tube) I hope my limited knowledge helps you.

AC

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
well darn I thought we had something really really worth building. I appreciate the info. Can you guys give me an idea abotu how much this thing is worth. Little rust, little body damage and interior is in rough shape. What do you guys think it is worth?

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
lol no its been toyed with. the vinyl top alone pretty much gives it away. I would absolutely pick up the hood though if its in good shape, they aren't easy to come by and someone will pony up for one that is in good shape

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Peter said:
lol no its been toyed with. the vinyl top alone pretty much gives it away. I would absolutely pick up the hood though if its in good shape, they aren't easy to come by and someone will pony up for one that is in good shape

and if the hood is in good shape, the car is worth as much as how good the body is. saying all of this i wouldnt touch it beyond parts. the cars wiring is probably so destroyed by now its not even funny. it screams hack job.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well idk what its worth but if you were to part it out I would love the spoiler and hood :D too damn bad you're in FL though :( lol. I guess if you didnt have so many cars you could just buid it for yourself.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
You can get a new hood from VFN Fiberglass for $550. The hood on that car is likely from US Body Source which I don't believe makes them anymore.

New, their hood was around the same price as the VFN.

I'd say the car is maybe worth $400-$500. Maybe $800 tops but as said, there's a lot that's hacked apart on it.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
FE3X CLONE said:
You can get a new hood from VFN Fiberglass for $550. The hood on that car is likely from US Body Source which I don't believe makes them anymore.

New, their hood was around the same price as the VFN.

I'd say the car is maybe worth $400-$500. Maybe $800 tops but as said, there's a lot that's hacked apart on it.

FE3X I know VFN is not far from me at all so I think I could save on the shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor