Is this a real W30-w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
:shock: thats a bad *ss concept though, im doing that for sure on the next non euro cutty i get... paint the recessed area of the grille gold, bezels either black or gold... that hood, gold ralley stripes, gold pinstriping along the belt line... then 442 15" wheels, black vinyl interior with gold accents.. oh hell yeah its going down! :D

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
Well guys I talked my buddy into buying the car after pondering with it for a week. He has come a long way with it. He has replaced the steering wheel with a grant or gt cant remember. I helped him remove the heater core. Bought some sheet metal to put in its place. Pressure washed it, Got rid of the shifter on the column and located it to the floor. Got the transmission to go back in it, he has cleaned out the inside completely and `got rid of all the coochie cob webs, sealed the sun roof, removed useless wiring for the a/c set up. Pulled the a/c- heater control pannel to put gauges there and they might already be in. Wiating to get the heads redone and a few other small odds and ends and then we will be installing the drivetrain and then driving as me and my buddy restore it. I have pics just nothing uploaded yet. Will post soon though

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
looks like solid project to me. glad to see someones bringing it back to life. heck, halfway through this thread i was considering sending you a p.m. on it to see if you wanted to sell it cheap, since your not to far from me. good thing its been snapped up, i need another project like i need a hole in my head :mrgreen: . i got a 1980 cutlass calais im working on slowly now, but when its done id like to find one of these 81-88 style cutlass to build. ill be watching this thread for updates.

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
Ya me or the owner one will keep this thread up to date. I just gota get him to register. Where you located man?

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
punta gorda-port charlotte area, about an hour and a half south of tampa. exit 164 off 75. im still a good ways from you, but i contrast to some of these guys who are on the other sie of the country , not so far. about 200 miles from gainesville according to google. its good to see someone else in florida doing something with a cutlass besides butchering it up for hydraulics and bouncing it untill it will never be straight again.. :mrgreen: . im assuming from the flavor of the car now thats not what your doing , if so, ignore that comment :rofl: its to bad those rims look like the rust got into the chrome. i really like the way it looks now, if it was just cleaned up and repainted but kept that style wheel and the hood i think it look tough as hell. i always liked that style cutlass better than my 80 from the fenders back better to be honest, but i prefer the nose on my 80 better. lately i have been wondering if you could graft the nose piece of the 78-80 cutlass onto the body of the 81-88 cutlass, and if so what it would look like ? i think it might just be the ultimate cutlass in my book. i wonder if anyone on here has the photoshop skills and would be willing to mock one up ? for some reason i have never been a fan of the way the grill sweeps out at the bottom on the 81-88', but other than that i love the lines on them. especially the quarters and the tail lights. if you get a chance check out my project, i posted links to some pics in my thread in the new members forum, its titled hello from florida. just posted it yesterday so it should be near the top.

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago
docrocket1967 said:
Pulled the a/c- heater control pannel to put gauges there...

Ha ha, I guess that's the sort of thing you can do when you live 150 miles south of Tampa. Couple years ago we needed the heat in July...no kidding.

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
I know what u mean. Dont get me wrong though i live bout an hour north of tampa an it gets col here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor