Malibu Wagon Restroation, Frame off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
I decided to have the frame, rear, trans cross member blasted instead of doing it myself, it was too much of a pita trying to move it & flip it over, by myself. We dropped it off yesterday morning and picked it up this morning brought it back to my buddys shop and also picked up the frame washers for the body mount locations that need to be fixed. We are hopeing to get the frame washers installed as well as cleaning up some ugly factory welds by the end of next week and have the frame, & rear end painted soon after so I can get it back to the house and into a rolling chassis form.

I also started media blasting the under side of the car today, not fun with this heat.

P1010333.jpg

P1010329.jpg

P1010341.jpg

P1010335.jpg

P1010342.jpg

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Get a quick, light coat of self-etching primer on that frame and stuff before it starts to rust from the humidity!

I feel your pain on the blasting...
I did all the sand and media blasting when I first started out at the resto-shop I used to work at. That sh*t sucks...

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
I took a few weeks off to do things around the house and to start getting ready for the baby's room. We are expecting our first child in December so now I am in high gear getting things ready for the baby and also trying to get this car done by then.

I got all the sand blasting done on the bottom of the car, rear wheel wells, and fire wall the weekend before last. This weekend that just passed I removed the quarter panel glass which was a real PITA the wind shield came out easy, broken, but easy.
Today I ordered lower quarter repair panels for behind the rear tires and picked up some DA paper I'll start sanding her down this weekend. The frame is painted and ready to come home nextS at-Sun so if that happens the body will go to the body shop and I'll work on getting the frame back into rolling chassis so it can go back under the car body before its painted.

A few pics, more can be found at Malibu pictures by turbo231 - Photobucket

crappy cell phone pics of the frame
Frame-1.jpg

frame2.jpg

P1010392.jpg

P1010403.jpg

P1010404.jpg

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
I hope I get to a point in life, when I can do that.
right now, I just don`t have the time!

nice work

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
I know what you mean guys, I have my first baby on the way my wife is due in December so I am trying to get this done before that because my free time is going to disappear.

Havent done an update in awhile, the body is now at the body shop, and the frame is home.

They started working on the body last Thursday, I found all the bondo in the car from the paint cracking, etc... I circled everything and they started with that, we have a few dents to pull in the roof, lower quarter panels to install, and the roof rack holes were welded shut when I left there Friday.

Saturday I started putting the chassis back together, I did a little work on it Sunday also.

As always more pics can be found here Malibu pictures by turbo231 - Photobucket

P1010488.jpg

P1010490.jpg

P1010492.jpg

P1010496.jpg

P1010500.jpg

P1010518.jpg

P1010525.jpg

P1010535.jpg

P1010543.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor