More progress on my hood! link w/ pics 6/26/08 more pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
how and what did you use to cut that section out? i was thinking of doing that to mine. what do you do with all the welds, grind them down and put filler over it?

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
v8power said:
how and what did you use to cut that section out? i was thinking of doing that to mine. what do you do with all the welds, grind them down and put filler over it?

its cut along the body lines, raised 3.5" filled w/ sheet metal, welded, ground down, and filled so far.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
What are you going to do with the back side near the windshield? Looks like it might be flimsy in the middle.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
That is one of the cleanest looking hoods I've seen in a while. I bet if you made molds for it, you could make quite a bit selling fiberglass reproductions of that hood.

But it's cool to also have something nobody else does ... :lol:

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
very nice hood. can't wait to see it done and on the car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor