when can I buy one of these?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Re: New Speedo Gauge cluster VDO Silverstone gauges Hurst Ol

Rasheerh said:
when can I buy one of these?

Hey man.... They are available. What I would do is pick out some gauges, that is the first thing I had to do. Call Brian at Gbodyparts and ask to get an image of the 3 different backgrounds he has. He has one for the 442, Hurst Olds...as you see mine..as well as one that has a Olds Rocket. You will need to get the details on the exact gauges you can use as mine are all a certain size to fit into the factory pack. THen from there he will get one ordered and get it assembled and sent to you just like you saw here.

Brian, Will you give some feedback on your details on the gauge packs?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

tobyp said:
Correct no hole in the lens. I also made a small hole in the bottom of the lens which allows me to come under the dash with a pen and push the trip odometer button. Nice clean stealth looklook

Here is a couple images of what I refer to above

Small hole underneath into the dash pad. There is a slot in the factory granny gauge that allows dust to exit. I lined up my hole with the slot in the granny gauge lens. It allows a device whether a pick, pen, etc to be inserted to operate the trip OD.

Attachments

• IMG_20130420_103038_063.jpg
    IMG_20130420_103038_063.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 775
  • IMG_20130420_103101_997.jpg
    IMG_20130420_103101_997.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 783

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh

ok, ill switch up the rally pack I bought from you and go this route

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

I just talked with Brian as he is the exclusive distributor for these gauge packs. THey will come in a few stages. Stages being, needing the overlay only, overlay with gauges, and complete assembly. He will be giving pricing out as soon as he discusses with the MFG all the costs involved. I may have went a little too quick with the testing and research and wasnt ready for the results yet :lol: Truth is I leave the country today and i come back in a week, to be home for a few days then off to the Gbodynationals in North Carolina. I wanted to get actual results for the show and can answer questions about the install there at the show.

90hurst/oldsguy

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2013

Did you have to have a special sensor part for the speedometer?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

90hurst/oldsguy said:
Did you have to have a special sensor part for the speedometer?
Yes it is a hall effect sensor that spins off the trans speedo gear

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC

that is a nice setup! once I get the "salon" home and start the replacements list, this may have to go on it! between the olds and the buick, I guess I'm meant to stay a poor but happy man!

BTW, I know the speedo is electric, not mechanical, but is that a programmable type(for different tire sizes/gear combos)?

Darin

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts

Bad *ss! will we be able to buy the plate without gauges? I would like to do something similar with different gauges.

With the Hall Effect Sensor, can you recalibrate it for different gear ratios and different transmission configurations?

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts

tobyp said:
some of the other Hurst stuff installed

Are those the repro Lightening Rods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor