Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Re: New Speedo Gauge cluster VDO Silverstone gauges Hurst Ol

1evilregal said:
that is a nice setup! once I get the "salon" home and start the replacements list, this may have to go on it! between the olds and the buick, I guess I'm meant to stay a poor but happy man!

BTW, I know the speedo is electric, not mechanical, but is that a programmable type(for different tire sizes/gear combos)?

Darin

fully programmable. I used the mile marker program method

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

GT_80 said:
Bad *ss! will we be able to buy the plate without gauges? I would like to do something similar with different gauges.

With the Hall Effect Sensor, can you recalibrate it for different gear ratios and different transmission configurations?

yes you can buy the background plates in rocket, 442 or hurst olds logo. as for programmable speedo, the VDO does all that, as for other i assume they do as well.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

GT_80 said:
tobyp said:
some of the other Hurst stuff installed

Are those the repro Lightening Rods?

Not these ones, they are original type. Ill be installing the repro type for testing soon.

90hurst/oldsguy

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2013

do you have to buy the hall effect sensor for the gauges? if so will gbody parts carry them?

roachownsu

Greasemonkey
May 24, 2013

Ok who do i contact or where do i go to get these gauges..i tryed looking on gbodyparts.com..but its not there

90hurst/oldsguy

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2013

:( its on the upcoming products list with several other things they are coming out with. its somewhat like a waiting game. its on the upcoming products list with several other things they are coming out with. its somewhat like a waiting game.

dingo84

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013

looks like a nice set.What size are the watertemp/fuel etc gauges? I know speedo and tach are 3 3/8", but can't eye-measure the other ones from the pictures.
Could be interested buying this cluster and insert some autometer gauges. Wonder when they are putting it out for sale.
Does it come with fully functional warningslights like parkingbrake, brake-circuit failure, highbeam..?

90hurst/oldsguy

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2013

hey tobyp when will the price be on these gauge cluster? man I got to have a set for my birthday for my 84 h/o

roachownsu

Greasemonkey
May 24, 2013

when r these going to be released?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

roachownsu said:
when r these going to be released?
90hurst/oldsguy said:
hey tobyp when will the price be on these gauge cluster? man I got to have a set for my birthday for my 84 h/o

Brian has some laminate backgrounds and I can build you one but I'll warn you, the gauges alone are $600$

Pm me if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor