Newly acquired 83 Buick Regal Wagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good lookin' wagon, Chris.
I agree with Jeff. A set of Buick GN, T-Type Vector wheels, Magnum chrome ralleys, would look nice on your car. The GTA wheels would also look quite cool. I would lower it a bit and dump the Joe Dirt look. The rear wheels look too wide and stick out too far. That look was cool in the '70's, but outdated now.

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
Longroof79 said:
Good lookin' wagon, Chris.
I agree with Jeff. A set of Buick GN, T-Type Vector wheels, Magnum chrome ralleys, would look nice on your car. The GTA wheels would also look quite cool. I would lower it a bit and dump the Joe Dirt look. The rear wheels look too wide and stick out too far. That look was cool in the '70's, but outdated now.

Ya think! LOL This was the plan since I traded on this car. The stance is terrible. Yeah it was cool in the 70s and whatnot but definitely not my style. This was the way it was when I got it and I cant lower the back down any until I get new wheels because the rears rub. Nice huh! LOL

I am working on getting some GNX/GTA wheels right now. So we shall see....

thanks
CHRIS

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
clean8485 said:
I agree with you wanting to lower the car back down to a more stock height-I think it would look alot better. Since its a Buick, I'd shop around for a set of Buick type rally wheels, to keep the Buick theme going with the car. Maybe a set of the chrome 15" X 7" GN rims, or possibly a set of the earlier chrome 15" X 7" Buick chrome rallys, with maybe a 245/60 rear tire and 235/60 front tire. I think that would look good on the car. As for window rubbers, check on this forum under the IROC wagon project. There's been alot of info there about the window rubbers. Keep us updated, thanks.

I am checking out the IROC wagaon thread as well. I know I seen someone talking about window rubbers somewhere on here. About using Caravan hatch rubber for the rear, etc etc.

thanks
CHRIS

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, the Voyager/ Caravan hatch rubber is a good alternative to the OEM seal. What's nice is there's at least an extra foot of rubber to help facilitate fit. Go to local U-Pull- It and check out the various years of these minivans. I think some of the profiles change over the years. I think they all work pretty well. Forget about trying to find the OEM seal. If you do, it might be on the pricey side.
The door seals are available from Metro out of Minneapolis, but you can't buy them direct. I bought mine thru RockAuto. The window sweeps come from Repops.com thru Ebay. The run channels are still being researched as you probably have read on the IROC wagon build. It will be a matter of time we get all this sorted out. But once we do, the information will be shared with all our wagon brothers (and sisters)...stay tuned. :wink:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Here's a cool Century wagon with a set of T-Type Vectors belonging to a forum member.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Hey Jack, do you know if that wagon ever got finished?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Kansas Bu Wagon said:
Hey Jack, do you know if that wagon ever got finished?

I believe the car had been finished, although I don't have pics of it in it finished form. I haven't been in touch with him in months. I think I posted pics of this car on this thread before. After a few months I guess I had forgotten. :oops:

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
Longroof79 said:
Yeah, the Voyager/ Caravan hatch rubber is a good alternative to the OEM seal. What's nice is there's at least an extra foot of rubber to help facilitate fit. Go to local U-Pull- It and check out the various years of these minivans. I think some of the profiles change over the years. I think they all work pretty well. Forget about trying to find the OEM seal. If you do, it might be on the pricey side.
The door seals are available from Metro out of Minneapolis, but you can't buy them direct. I bought mine thru RockAuto. The window sweeps come from Repops.com thru Ebay. The run channels are still being researched as you probably have read on the IROC wagon build. It will be a matter of time we get all this sorted out. But once we do, the information will be shared with all our wagon brothers (and sisters)...stay tuned. :wink:

Thanks for the info. I have read this somewhere but nice to have the info here where I can find it easy!

Thanks
CHRIS

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
I will admit right up front that I am NOT a fan of wagons...

But I really, REALLY like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor