No more USBODY SOURCE W30 Style Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
I was asked for a couple more pic's. If anyone wants any others just let me know. Thanks, john

Attachments

• 1985 cutlass 442 003.JPG
    1985 cutlass 442 003.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,556
  • 1985 cutlass 442 005.JPG
    1985 cutlass 442 005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 866
  • 1985 cutlass 442 006.JPG
    1985 cutlass 442 006.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,044

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
jociha said:
Here is a pic of the US hood, sadly i buoght it just a month ago

You just bought this hood a month ago? I thought they were discontinued? Does yours have an air box?

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
They made a new mold so it is available again. It does not come cut out, i had to do that, but it is functional. At the moment i am leaving it just as is letting the air flow in thru the scoops to everywhere because for this summer i am putting in my dart motor, and the air cleaners may be in different places but next year i will have a 350DX motor done and will then install the ram air part. It comes as a seperate item, and if you want to know what it looks like , it looks like the Darth Vader hood bottom pictured eariler in this post.

bugsyroo01

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2013
jociha said:
Here is a pic of the US hood,sadly i buoght it just a month ago after seeing the VFN, it did not look factory wich is what most people will want. The scoops are 1.5 in. tall in the front. I would like to see VFN create a couple computer generated models and we could vote. I think the front of the scoops are as tall as they should be, maybe a bit shorter, say 1.25 in. tall and maybe a bit narrower. Took a lot of work to make this one look good.

Man I cant tell if I like the chrome strip down the center or not. I dont know what I'm gonna do.... I went with vfn because of the quality, it has steel supports and the holes are pre cut I've not seen the under side of the usbs hood and u have to buy the air box seperate.

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
Does anybody have any pics yet of the new vfn hood yet? I like the fact that it looks like the angle of the scoops matches the header panel better, the us body one doesn't.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
They have it on a car and separate in their online catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor