Th350 to 700r4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2013
Hey all, quick question. I have been working on swapping my th350 for a 700r4. I have it in place and everything sorted out except for the shift linkage. Will I be able to use the stock bracket and cable from the th350 and just modify it or will I need to get new parts? If I do need new parts which would you suggest?

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
Which carb do you have, Quadrajet? If Holley, you have to probably have a TV cable adapter. Depending on the cable you use, the bracket may or may not be too far back.

Aug 5, 2013
Ive got the tv cable and lockup sorted out, I just need to know about the shifter linkage from my steering column to the trans.

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
Shift linkage will bolt right up, may have to swap the arm from the 350 to the 700r4. I dought that will be neccessary but possible. Do you know what year that trans is, some of the later 700r4 could have more splines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
What did you do for your driveshaft? I am in the middle of that swap also. I had heard that some newer GM vehicles may have the right length so I went to a pull a part today and measured about 50 shafts, no luck. I guess I'll build a new 1350 series shaft at work.

Aug 5, 2013
Ok, good to know that the linkage will work. As far as the year of the trans Im not for sure, but I had the driveshaft from the 350 machined down 3" inches and balanced, it fit like a glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor