Went & did some tire kicking

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
We had a day out checking to see what was local for just to get the car started & for him to see how dumb counter peoplr can be. Was hoping to of had the car here today but wasn't able to find a dolley until last night & that was just by chance by stopping at serveral UHaul places. So now I'm looking at next Friday to get it home & use my long holiday weekend to get things going. At that point I'll get him a thread started but not sure if I'm going to post it under my name or sign him up (& control it until he gets a little older.)

Reactions: 3 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Did you give him the "Talk"? ;)

Hutch

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Looks like Saturday is the day. Couldn't find a car hauler anywhere near by so a dolly will have to do. I hope with some luck, fresh gas & charged spare battery it'll fire up to move it as needed.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Looks like Saturday is the day. Couldn't find a car hauler anywhere near by so a dolly will have to do. I hope with some luck, fresh gas & charged spare battery it'll fire up to move it as needed.
Hopefully thr snake doesn't have any cousins lurking underneath while you drop the driveshaft for the move

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Sign him up to begin with. Not so much about directing the conversation as it would be a case of teaching him how to ask his questions using terms and terminology that the board can understand and that make getting answers he needs easier and simpler. The KISS principle invades the world of nuts and bolts 101.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
We now own the car plus some extra parts but things didn't go smoothly like planned after the state had their dealings with the sale & wasn't set up for the headaches for pick up. Loaded with everything to move the car filled the bead pretty good so I'll have to make another trip to the house for the complete front clip & an extra deck lid. Did bring home the pw/pl doors, an extra fender & one of the deck lids. Jr. Mechanic got his own copy of a Haynes manual for it (& started to read parts of it.) Now the bad was with it just being us two at the car we couldn't get it pushed onto the dolly as the "flat" upper lot has a slight enough angle we could get it moving but going the other way was easy. But we did try to start it but no sputter or smoke, thinking no spark unless the fuel pump is the issue. Didn't smell fuel or see wet spots, so good(?). Did get all four wheels put on & had to fight with the driver side rear to spin & won that fight. Then I found out the one front tire on my truck found a nice carriage bolt to rush new tires for it. After this fight I'm defeated. Gotta pay its rent down there until I get some more help & and a better mode to transport it home. The Mrs. ain't too happy with us but we tried. For now I'll just like my wounds & get ready for the next round. Will post a pic of it with the SS wheels later.

Reactions: 5 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
IMG_20230809_165312065_HDR.jpg

I'm off today and tomorrow.

When do you want to go get it?

Reactions: 6 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
View attachment 227325

I'm off today and tomorrow.

When do you want to go get it?
Thanks for the offer. Can't today but as long as I can work around things & time it just right I could try tomorrow. It's about 45-50 minutes from the house, Let me know of what time could work for you. Thanks again. This site is the greatest.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Since I did say I was going to post pics of "MIlly" as how the Jr. Mechanic calls his car. This how we left things.
DSCN4422.JPG DSCN4423.JPG

Reactions: 11 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor