Went & did some tire kicking

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Thinking your son might be either too young or not into retro to be aware of the boy band "Milli Vanilli" from prior to the turn of the century. Of course there is also the Movie/Musical "Thoroughly Modern Milli" which is a geezer grade show from ???? ago. Or maybe it is a byte from "Milli-ennial"???

Those mags do give it a better attitude than the steelies and stockers ever did. Knew a dude decades ago that ran them on an Elky. Seem to recall he had a bit of a hassle in getting the right offset so they would clear the calipers at the front.

Nick

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Thinking your son might be either too young or not into retro to be aware of the boy band "Milli Vanilli" from prior to the turn of the century. Of course there is also the Movie/Musical "Thoroughly Modern Milli" which is a geezer grade show from ???? ago. Or maybe it is a byte from "Milli-ennial"???

Those mags do give it a better attitude than the steelies and stockers ever did. Knew a dude decades ago that ran them on an Elky. Seem to recall he had a bit of a hassle in getting the right offset so they would clear the calipers at the front.

Nick
He said it's named after his one buddy's bull dog they had, she was a Milly. After I get the new door tags those MCSS wheels will be the stockers.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Which kicked another memory synapse here, wasn't there a recent president who had a presidential pooch name Milli?

Nick

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
With a thousand thanks from The Jr. Mechanic & myself to Tomeal, Milly is now sitting at the house. Things were way easier have the right stuff to get it loaded up. And it's always great to spend sometime with fourm members.

Now after having to do things the wife wanted to do we started to clean up & deverminate. Saw some good & always finding the bad. Going to have to deal with both doors & see about how bad the extra pair are (they are Canadian so hope my luck the maple syrup infused steel keeps up.) The hood has internal rust out so hoping the front clipthat we still need to bring up has good metal (from the same car the doors came off of.) Interior still needs a good scrub, headliner looks to be punted but gives the excuse to replace the base dome light with the map light unit I got off of UC645. Under hood had mouse damage to parts of the harnesses so some repair work is needed. When the brakes were tested to see if they would hold coming off the trailer an axle like showed it was bad. Checking out what extra stuff that came with the car found out the one tail light/license plate filler panel is for a '78 so no use to us. The second '78 & '79 parking lights to pair up with what is on the car were in the trunk but looks like Jr. likes the '78 set (look cleaner & better than the '79 set) so that'll be what will be used. Found an invoice box from the owner the seller got it off of to see the address was a place I have been to while reading meters. In the box was a set of Soft Seal door seals & trunk seal. A extra surprise was the complete jack set with the lug wrench rubber bands. Then after everything was pulled out Jr. had the honor to clean the trunk carpet with Purple Power. I bug sprayed everywhere I could to kill what I can. Will be putting traps in it to catch what the spray won't kill. Currently letting it all air out to get rid of the funk from years of being buttoned up. If I don't get to it tonight the shop vac will be going to work in it tomorrow.

• Happy
Reactions: 8 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Taking advantage of the extra day off (along with the wife taking advantage of me, not in the fune way, for her to do list) did some more digging into the car. Like any project, the list keeps having things added. Right now I'll put doors high on that as they are worse than I thought & the extra pair is only a bit better. Where it sat for most of the past 14 years wasn't the best with it just sitting for that long did degrade what could of been a nice clean car. But dad is going to guide Jr. through the good & the bad with any old car project. The hood will also need replace as a long standing mouse nest caused the passenger inner structure to rot. I do hope the extra front clip is still in good shape cause the the hood will be there with the doors. Wish the hood was aluminum like the trunk lid (also wish the '81's trunk lid was too.) One other issue I did start to look into is the electrical as the mice did hurt a few spots on the engine harness, the turn signals & door light switches aren't working. Four ways work, foot well lights work with the light switch. None of the buzzers work. To be honest I'm not too worried on the electrical as & have a complete '84/'85 dash harness & matched front lights & engine harnesses along with a few cores to rebuild. One of my sicknesses is enjoying playing with wires. Rewiring allows the addition of the power locks with key less entry, trunk release, third brake light, gauge conversion & a few other things. This weekend I will have my tune up parts in & hope to hear it run enough to move it around. Jr. can't wait for this part cause he's all about changing out the plugs cause he wants to compair them to the pictures in the back of his Haynes manual. I'm just wait for the day he graduates to "hey, your old Hot Rod says a 454 fits." He already requires we put a stick in, be a 3, 4, or 5 speed & knows dad has a fair bit of what he needs.

Reactions: 5 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I'm just wait for the day he graduates to "hey, your old Hot Rod says a 454 fits." He already requires we put a stick in, be a 3, 4, or 5 speed & knows dad has a fair bit of what he needs.
so we should get him a subscription to a hot rod magazine where he can dream about hotrodding his ride? ok! 😁

1693972255352.png

• Haha

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Don't get too hungry for offshore sushi. Most of what gets displayed in that genre of magazine is not readily available in North America as it does not comply with EPA and related laws and regulations for safety and environment. Yeah, they can be had, but only as used and only through a very circuitous import route. Japan does build some very serious HP mills but you are in 4/6 banger country for a lot of it so unless you have a serious jones for learning technical Japanes and wanting to stuff a 6 banger in your G-Body, it might be just as well to leave that in the dream department.

Apart from that, just getting a driver's license in Japan is something of a major horror story; hard enough for the residents, gaijins (foreignors) have it worse.

Nick

• Haha

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor