What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAN_N_BLACK

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2011
hartley iowa
looked at it in the corner of the shop while i was cleaning up the shop so i could get my racecar in there

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Got my gauges in and hooked up finally!
newgauges.jpg

newdashpanel-1.jpg

I still have to make the radio/climate control bezel and tie up some other loose ends.

ElCamMan515

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2010
Central New York
I Took My El Camino To The Shop For Some Tuning. Hope To Be Able To Drive It Once Before It Snows In CNY

Coriolanus

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2011
Today, I prepared my cutlass for an install of a Chevy 350 vortec and received my idle tubes for a rebuild of my 17059206 quadrajet while the rest of the parts are soaking in carburetor cleaner. I've ordered the electric choke fromo Tomco. Planning the repair of my plastic air conditioning housing when the engine is pulled. I also moved the cutlass to a flat area so I can install the engine with no problem. 8)

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
GRRRRR....

Tried to troubleshoot the Bonneville today.
Recently, it wouldn't run...stalled when I put it in gear.
Looks like the timing chain jumped at tooth....or two.

Started tearing things apart to replace the timing set.
Such fun!

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
Coriolanus said:
Today, I prepared my cutlass for an install of a Chevy 350 vortec and received my idle tubes for a rebuild of my 17059206 quadrajet while the rest of the parts are soaking in carburetor cleaner. I've ordered the electric choke fromo Tomco. Planning the repair of my plastic air conditioning housing when the engine is pulled. I also moved the cutlass to a flat area so I can install the engine with no problem. 8)

Can you install a Vortec and retain the OEM A/C system?
I thought there was a big interference that precluded that combo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor