What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
In preparation of the H4 bulb and lens upgrade I got from Dixie Restoration, I removed the front cover to get a better access to the headlight trim rings and dividers. I know they’re accessible from the front without removing the cover but I didn’t wanna scratch the edges of the cover more than it already was and this gives me a reason to clean behind there as well. I got the trim removed and will clean it and paint tomorrow. It’s cloudy and rainy here in Arizona this week so I need to find the right time with just enough sun. Never thought I’d have to worry about that here. Any suggestion on things to do while the cover is off and I have access to this part of the car?
View attachment 213620

View attachment 213621
Transmission cooler!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Transmission cooler!
Ha! You read my mind. I have one from a GMT400 truck that I was going to mock up and see about fitting in the massive opening there.

Would I run the lines on the drivers side or passengers for a 2004R?

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Pretty sure they'd fall on the passenger side of the case. Seem to recall that being the location from when I pulled the 200R4 out of my 85.

Nick

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Dad's G-Body getting some love today. We "installed" bucket seats at least 7 years ago but never installed the inner mounts. Pulled the carpet and fabbed up some mounts then welded to floor.

Power washed the carpet while it was out too

Reactions: 12 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Got the call my diff was done, so ran down and picked it up. The racing world is sooooo small. Turns out the guy who rebuilt the 8.5 use to hang out at my parents when I was a kid, but I was 10-12 and he was 16-18 or so and hung out with my sister and their mutual friends! We all went to the races together. Anyways, its back. Just need a mild day and lower humidity to give it some fresh paint.
20230102_164045.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 18 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Managed to add a fender to the '80, not much of an accomplishment for three hours time. On the good side, it's another small step closer to being a car again.

IMG_3793.jpeg

Reactions: 13 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Finished installing the exhaust yesterday, just need to put a portion of exhaust wrap back on and I can call it totally done. Decided to rip the column and melted speedo cable out in preparation for the hydroboost swap and some under dash wiring cleanup.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor