What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Made it in, speed bumps looked bigger than they actually were. Story of my life...😐

20230105_094158.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Wuz going to suggest that you could modify them for height by gently rolling up to them until you came in contact and then using the heat from your pipes to "change" the height to one more appropriate for the room you need but wasn't sure that the company would be all that enthusiastic about the modifications; plus getting the goo off your tubes could prove nasty to do.

Way, way back a whole lot of long time ago, one of the local high schools put asphalt speed bumps in the students parking lot in an attempt to curtail youthful exuberance as applied to the Waaaah pedal on their cars. Certain parties, so challenged, came up with the solution of swapping out their good street wheels for a set or two of baldinis mounted on steel rims. They then ever so gently backed up to the bumps, got themselves located on top of them, and executed a brake stand while bringing the rear wheels up to speed. Not sure how many dead tires they went through but the bump did get ground down to a bump with two massive ruts cut into it. School Board was not amused; student population thought it was hilarious. Wonder if the shop teacher ever got curious about the amount of action going on by the tire changing machine.

Nick

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Wuz going to suggest that you could modify them for height by gently rolling up to them until you came in contact and then using the heat from your pipes to "change" the height to one more appropriate for the room you need but wasn't sure that the company would be all that enthusiastic about the modifications; plus getting the goo off your tubes could prove nasty to do.
Its the little flange tabs hanging down. If the steel was hot enough to be formed by hitting a speed bump, I have bigger issues.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Wasn't thinking about it that way, more along the line of using the header collector heat to deform or soften the bump so it would sag and increase the freeboard space.

Nick

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Quick update, had to modify my snap ring pliers but got the truetrac buttoned up and modified Moser cover installed. Also got the driveshaft bolted on, as well as calipers loaded and on. I'll fill it with fluid tomorrow so that the rtv has time to set. Obligatory pics...
20230105_151724.jpg
20230105_201126.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Started to rip apart the functionally safe, but hideous wiring I did for the Bussmann panel I put in.
7663557A-1B8C-4213-9553-9D111F750ADC.jpeg

37F09C2C-8FFE-41CA-962D-259B117A06A9.jpeg

There’s 7 unnecessary power wires and 5 unnecessary grounds on those bussbars, and those are getting thrown out for a pair of battery stud/bussbar combo to help clean up that mess. I’ve got a partially bussed RTR panel in the mail, bussed on the relay side, and leaving the fuse side open to keep everything in one location.

Just a heads up, you can only reliably get the relay bussed version from Waytek Wire, no other place stocks it.

Reactions: 3 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Started to rip apart the functionally safe, but hideous wiring I did for the Bussmann panel I put in.
what? you don't like the mid-80's underhood splatter paint job? 😁

1672986554469.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
what? you don't like the mid-80's underhood splatter paint job? 😁

View attachment 213951
Oh those are staying like that. That’s epoxy primer on there and anything I can use to remove it will ruin those fuel lines. The regulator they’re plumbed into is getting tossed into orbit though, hunts pressure by 3-4 PSI.

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Only thing that caught my eye is that raw, uninsulated. one wire twisted together with another wire that is laying in the open on that hose. Is that about to be one of the victims in your electrical clean up exercise?

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor