whats wrong with my el camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
my left wheel sticks out further then my right wheel? the wheels are the same size im trying to eliminate everything hoping its not a bent frame? anyone have any ideas where i should start?

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
Crapple21 said:
my left wheel sticks out further then my right wheel? the wheels are the same size im trying to eliminate everything hoping its not a bent frame? anyone have any ideas where i should start?

Need more info, year, make and model of car? Are you talking about the front end or the back of the car? Is the car all original? Has it been modified, suspension wise? What wheels do you have on it, what is the size and backspacing on the wheels? Lots of thing can factor into why one wheel sticks out further than the other! At some point something could have been changed on the suspension because of an accident and they didn't notice that the mount was bent, hard to say.

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
Either you have four bent controls arms or something is not right with the wheels, what is the size of the wheels? Are all four the same size?

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
Crapple21 said:
the backspaciing on the wheels are the same and ya it looks centered for the most part

The four control arms center the rear end, I seriously doubt that all four are bent. It has to be the wheels, you say they are the same back space, but have you measured all four of the wheels to make sure they are the same. It is not uncommon to buy wheels and have them ship a wrong size wheel. Take the wheels off and measure from the back lip to the mounting hub of the wheel, I bet you find one is a different back spacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor