1/2" 20 stud lug nut choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
guys, I'm putting corvette rally rims on my monte where the studs are this size. The rims are black powdercoated and want to use chrome lug nuts. But, these rally rims need a lug that is taperred to center stud in the rim holes when tightening. Anyone have any recommendations on whose to buy? Thx

Unless theyve been swapped, your monte shouldnt have 1/2-20 studs. If its 82 or newer, itll have M12-1.50 studs, older will be 7/16-20. Any parts store should have tapered seat chrome lug nuts.

Yeah I know. I'm putting in a strange engineering crate axle that has these size studs. But I need the tapered lug nut to "center" my 'vette rims.

I like Gorilla from Summit. They have a ton of selection, and lots of thread engagement. They are about the lowest cost you can get too, and you can get just about any style you want.

I got a few tapered lugnuts from an advanced auto for cheap. I needed them for the Eastwood fender roller, to fit on my Strange studs. I just gave them the size I needed. I'm gonna run Weld wheels when my car is together and I will use their lugs also.

• Informative
Reactions: masterblaster
Studs are already in axle guys- I think I'll be fine... I know what I need now. Thanks.. I also wanted to make sure the 1/2" studs would fit on the rally vette rims, which they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor