1936 Ford Pickup Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Different trucks but very similar. Mine is the '35 and his is the '36. Both black. Mine has all the Corvette stuff. His is/was stock buggy spring front suspension with one of those Explorer rearends I was flipping a couple years ago. Mine is 283/4spd, his is LT-1 4L60e.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The new boxed frame with the Mustang II setup should be a vast improvement. We'll keep an eye out for updates. Love those trucks.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*

Lifted the frame off last night and laid out some of the parts. It'll be a project, for sure.
Also, it does run for the moment. He drove it on and off the trailer and pulled it in and out of the shop a couple times so we could shuffle things around. Still sounds great.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Thanks, man. We really haven't done anything yet. The three of us just unloaded and did inventory so far. My work schedule is kind of spastic so there probably won't be really regular updates.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My brother split for home early this morning so my dad and I put in about 4 hours to get the ball rolling. Got the wiring all disconnected from the peripherals. Drained the fuel tank. Hacked off the super old exhaust. Removed the shocks. Fought rusty bolts on the running board, fenders and bed. Dismounted (unmounted?) the fuel pump and filter as well as the transmission cooler from the bottom of the bed. Then used the engine joist to lift the bed off.
Once we were done with disassembly we put the bed on jackstands and set the canopy back on so that we would have a storage unit.

I've got work out of town for a couple days so my dad may chip away at it. Otherwise, we'll probably do some more on Thursday.

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Our dad did back in the very early 80s. One of my earliest memories was of him meeting with the guy in our garage when he took all the measurements. I remember a few camping trips where my brother and I rode on a platform he had built in the back. Not at all comfortable on the Sunday afternoon ride home with a wicked bad lake reflection sunburn.

It was a pretty interesting disassembly today. According to my dad, he'd never had any of the body apart before. When he bought it in the early 70s it was orange. He painted it burgundy shortly before I was born. The paintjob didn't come out very well because of some problem with shrinkback. He had a body shop shoot it black and that's the color I've always known it.
It was flathead powered when he got it and he put a 283 in it with a bellhousing adapter. I still have that part. Later, he had a fledgling hotrod shop install a TH350 and 9". I was looking at some of the welds today. The guy was pretty competent with the oyyacetyle welder.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Progress marches on without me. I'm in Carson City right now but I guess my dad got the tank and fuel lines removed, yanked the steering column, as well as getting all the cab mount bolts off.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
:popcorn: glad to see you back at it after the stress of construction! looking forward to seeing the progress on this and the reaper!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor