1936 Ford Pickup Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Thanks guys. It's back on the road again I just haven't put up any pics yet. He says the tune in the PCM seems to really favor the 3.73s. Best of all, it's silky smooth at highway speed now. It's never been like that.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I like that you drive your projects and don't just leave them to look pretty and collect dust.....

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It's always been a worker. Hauled dirt bikes last Sunday.

All in all it couldn't have been a much easier install. Once the spring pads were relocated it was a perfect fit. We were even able to use the Explorer lower shock mounts without any modifications.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I guess this thread fizzled out without being updated. This pickup got wrecked about 2 years ago.

So, here's the update...
The frame was wasted. Bent rail at the firewall and set back (diamond) on the driver's side. The front suspension was ruined too. Hood, fender, grill, radiator, etc. Sustained heavy damage. He put it on a frame rack at work and pulled it close to straight as possible. The CTS was broken off the front of the water pump causing it not to start. It then sat in the back corner of his garage for awhile as he collected parts. He happened upon a frame that was all setup with a Mustang II crossmember, was boxed, and came with a few parts. That's a huge time saver for a guy with no spare time.
Anyway, my dad and I were talking about it one day and decided to see if we can get it over here for the winter. Didn't take much arm twisting so he brought it over with him on a trailer Wednesday.

Updates as it progresses...

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not sure how fast it'll happen but we're planning to have it in driving condition by spring. My brother is on a bit of a budget so we'll be reusing everything we can. At least the labor is free.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I'll be watching this thread. I assume the accident is from before you built the awesome frame with the Corvette 3rd member (sitting on top)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor