BUICK 1964 Skylark Coupe Project

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
guess I've been away longer than I thought.... loving the new project, as next to the GSX, that model skylark has always been a favorite.work is coming along nicely!

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
guess I've been away longer than I thought.... loving the new project, as next to the GSX, that model skylark has always been a favorite.work is coming along nicely!
Hey Darin! Appreciate the kind words. Glad to have you following along.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Been working on getting the rear the quarter patch work mudded in over the past week. Started with a thin coat of Fibral Lite to fill in where the screws were and seal over the welds, then went back over with a skim coat of Z-Grip. I still need to clean up the lip a little but I wanted to get it in primer because its gonna get humid next week and I don't want it flash rusting really bad. Now that it's all one color i can see a few spots I missed but nothing that a little bit of Dolphin Glaze won't fix. Overall very happy with it.
20240612_120251.jpg
20240614_122553.jpg
20240615_180150.jpg

I went to the Annual Pittsburgh Swap Meet today and saw a lot of overpriced scrap metal and Chicom tools that you can get cheaper at Harbor Freight. I needed some rounded Durablocks which is the only reason I went.

I did find one cool thing. A 1964 Buick Dealer Sales Brochure.
20240615_125950.jpg
20240615_130009.jpg
20240615_130029.jpg
20240615_130158.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
nice find! dig the nos (neat old stuff) items like that

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
nice find! dig the nos (neat old stuff) items like that
It's a neat book. Actually learned some things from it, like power brakes were not available with A/C. I need to figure out a good way to preserve it as it isn't in the best condition.

Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
You are right on swap meets being generally trash.

If you want unlabeled random 50's car trim, used aftermarket 4 barrel intakes with carburetors for new retail prices, new low cost tools from dubious origins, fake vintage signs like 'Ford parkin only' or 'We don't dial 911', or random nicknacks, you are in luck.

But if you want fair condition/lightly used parts for a reasonable price for anything you are working on, good luck...

Good to see the quarter is on! For as rough as that panel started the end product looks professional!

Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
You are right on swap meets being generally trash.

If you want unlabeled random 50's car trim, used aftermarket 4 barrel intakes with carburetors for new retail prices, new low cost tools from dubious origins, fake vintage signs like 'Ford parkin only' or 'We don't dial 911', or random nicknacks, you are in luck.

But if you want fair condition/lightly used parts for a reasonable price for anything you are working on, good luck...

Good to see the quarter is on! For as rough as that panel started the end product looks professional!
You hit the nail on the head with the swap meets. Even the Durablocks that I bought were way overpriced and if I didn't need them to finish this quarter, I wouldn't have bought them. The same seller had the Durablock 6 piece set which I'd like to have bought, but he had an $85 price tag on it. My body supply shop will sell me the same set for $45.

Thanks! Yeah, those panels were not a great fit at all, but they were certainly better than starting from scratch, so I'll give them that. Still, for the price point I expected them to fit better.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
You hit the nail on the head with the swap meets. Even the Durablocks that I bought were way overpriced and if I didn't need them to finish this quarter, I wouldn't have bought them. The same seller had the Durablock 6 piece set which I'd like to have bought, but he had an $85 price tag on it. My body supply shop will sell me the same set for $45.

Thanks! Yeah, those panels were not a great fit at all, but they were certainly better than starting from scratch, so I'll give them that. Still, for the price point I expected them to fit better.
I passed on those too cause of the price.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor