1970 Olds Cutlass S Rat Rod Style

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Unfortuntely, no harbor freight up here. As said Princess Auto is our alternative. That can be added to the building hot rods on Canada thread. Another thing we don't have is product selection, no doubt in part to our smaller population. Even getting Cherry Coke is hit or miss. The 12 packs of cans are non existent as are the big bottles.
And I thought jersey was bad lol

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Came out nice! Can't wait for some glamour shots on a sunny day. Or are those unavailable in Canada too?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's funny you guys way up North want stuff from the us and can't get it. I'm in dirty Jersey and I want a rear from a monte Carlo in Mexico and can't get it I wonder if someone in mexico wants something from South america and can't get it

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, Clutch there is always issues no matter where you live. How happy you are is a state of mind. Yes, Sunny days, especially warm, can be rare up here. I should have it done by Sunday, letting the paint dry in barely heated shop, went from nice to cold here this week. Plus my clip finally came in to fix the speedometer gear, so a road test Sunday will be an order to complete.

Reactions: 3 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Unfortuntely, no harbor freight up here. As said Princess Auto is our alternative. That can be added to the building hot rods on Canada thread. Another thing we don't have is product selection, no doubt in part to our smaller population. Even getting Cherry Coke is hit or miss. The 12 packs of cans are non existent as are the big bottles.
Christian, consider the lack of cherry coke a good thing; too much sugar ;-)

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Christian, consider the lack of cherry coke a good thing; too much sugar ;-)
True enough. Yet somehow we got cases of Blueberry Peach Schweppes ginger ale, go figure. I like anything with Blueberries or Saskatoon berries.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
So I have been fighting no tach since using the Hyfire 6AL. After using two tach adapters, still no tach. I have decided to go back to an Ignitor 3 module in the HEI. I also found out the lock up converter isn't working, the whole point of the TH350C. Also my speedometer gears are way off, like 70 mph is 50 km/hr! It doesn't make sense. I may go back to where it was a 9 tooth drive and a 38 tooth driven but was 5 or 10 mph slow, I believe. Also sealing thermostat's on Olds V8's always seem to be a challenge, I got it sealed but need to redo it, pretty sure the Thermostat has RTV blocking it from opening. I feel like Clutch or Fleming442, nothing but good news. The paint only looks slightly better than before once in the sun.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So I have been fighting no tach since using the Hyfire 6AL. After using two tach adapters, still no tach. I have decided to go back to an Ignitor 3 module in the HEI. I also found out the lock up converter isn't working, the whole point of the TH350C. Also my speedometer gears are way off, like 70 mph is 50 km/hr! It doesn't make sense. I may go back to where it was a 9 tooth drive and a 38 tooth driven but was 5 or 10 mph slow, I believe. Also sealing thermostat's on Olds V8's always seem to be a challenge, I got it sealed but need to redo it, pretty sure the Thermostat has RTV blocking it from opening. I feel like Clutch or Fleming442, nothing but good news. The paint only looks slightly better than before once in the sun.
Ouch lol I went through 4 thermostat housings on the square body before I got it to seal and I gave up on having a speedometer for now. You know what to do you'll get it

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What's the tach problem? Did you gut the HEI module? I've had a 6AL on the red car for a long time...
I gutted the HEI module and used two different tach adapters. I said screw it, went back to the HEI.
FB_IMG_1523824551159.jpg
FB_IMG_1523824530904.jpg
FB_IMG_1523824513053.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor