1970 Olds Cutlass S Rat Rod Style

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
You could always go back to the stock Olds rocker setup. While not as slick as your scorpion rockers, the are bulletproof for the most part. Once the stock rockers are torqued to 25 foot lbs, you never have to think about them again..

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You could always go back to the stock Olds rocker setup. While not as slick as your scorpion rockers, the are bulletproof for the most part. Once the stock rockers are torqued to 25 foot lbs, you never have to think about them again..
I agree completely, I love the simplicity and durability of the factory set up, that is my plan. I won't go back to roller rockers till I finish the 403 stroker, it may be 1.72 and 1.6 exhaust or all 1.6 rocker arms, depending on what Cutlassefi suggests and new studs as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Pulled the intake, removed #2 lifters and rotated by hand. The lobes aren't flat and the lifters look good on both ends. I will put back together this week.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Pulled the intake, removed #2 lifters and rotated by hand. The lobes aren't flat and the lifters look good on both ends. I will put back together this week.
that's going to be a tough job straightening out those bent pushrods - haha

Did you utilize the stock length pushrods when you installed the Scorpion rockers?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
that's going to be a tough job straightening out those bent pushrods - haha

Did you utilize the stock length pushrods when you installed the Scorpion rockers?
The stock pushrods are longer, so I don't need to use the spaghetti:). I have many spare in the stock length as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well, all back together and runs and sounds the best it has since going together with the new heads and cam. I hear 0 valve ticks just an exhaust leak at the cracked header tube. Of course I had to switch one rocker out and one bridge to get proper preload on all the valves. Also still no lock up despite direct wiring, either it was blocked off or converted.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Did you wind up utilizing the stock Olds rocker setups?
I sure did, even it required checking and swapping one rocker arm and a bridge on another, performance feels identical.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
New 225/70R14's in the back to go with the 205/70R14's in the front.
20180615_204539.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor