1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kris, Dave,

As for the speaker pods, i went at it today in the morning with this fiberglass!!! i was dressed all up, fiberglass all over the dayum place... :rofl: , i showered and im still itchy!!!! cant stop scratching....hate this fiberglass....N E Ways, nothing special on the pods, i sanded them down, till they were smooth, primered them and hit them with a nice high temp black gloss paint so it can flow with the interior...this is just the first step, i might wet sand and hit it again with some more paint and let them sit for a good week...its looking ok, if i dont like the look i can alway get them wrapped....when i picked up my visors from my interior guy, he was wrapping some kick panels like mine as well and they looked good...stay tuned. i will post pics of tweeters and speakers once they are installed. :wink:

cdda8ff6.jpg

brother warren deleted all of his vids on youtube...i guess he said he was done giving away free game :|

Crapple21 said:
instead of the cup holders on the floor have you seen the ones that go into the ash tray?

LOL...threw the ash tray away....nothings there to hold the cup holders... 😢 😢 ...had the same cup holder in the elko and worked out great for me...thanks tho :mrgreen:

Well heres the finish product, didnt know fiberglass was hard to deal with...i sanded and sanded and still got little cracks in the paint.... So i sanded and sanded smooth like a babys butt!! And still little cracks in da paint... So what i will do, Mel has a set hes goIng to give me.... Know those im just going to get them wrapped and keep them as my back up...im still going to use my painted ones cuase they look decent and will probley flow with the black interior, but just in case something happens to them i will have my wrapped one in deck...thanks mel....installing them this weekend, and off to the gauges i go...wish me luck..lol :mrgreen:

Tweeter still needs to be glued, didnt want to put 2" tweeter, last time i had 2"tweeter JBL they sucked!! As long as it works im all good...they just tweeter 8)

d65b0368.jpg

supp bro! been a minute since ive logged on, ride came along fantastic. good sh*t, what you can do for those kick panels is put a light coat of bondo over it and sand it down and THEN paint it. maybe thatll work, not to sure but ive worked with fiberglass before and bondo and came out nice and smooth. good luck.
oh and about the headlight bracket, nah man dont know anybody with one, wish i could help. but doesnt look like your doing to bad, you got a pretty big crowd around here and your 80z team. keep up the good work.

85gbody said:
supp bro! been a minute since ive logged on, ride came along fantastic. good sh*t, what you can do for those kick panels is put a light coat of bondo over it and sand it down and THEN paint it. maybe thatll work, not to sure but ive worked with fiberglass before and bondo and came out nice and smooth. good luck.
oh and about the headlight bracket, nah man dont know anybody with one, wish i could help. but doesnt look like your doing to bad, you got a pretty big crowd around here and your 80z team. keep up the good work.

Thanks for ckng in bro,

The kick panels will do for know, i mean they still look good...but i will have my wrapped ones for back up...as for the headlight bracket, i got one on ebay...so thats in the mail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor