1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hecx78malibu

Greasemonkey
Jun 2, 2011
Los Angeles CA
What up saint.. I have a question see if u can help me? I'm swapping my steering column for a newer column with tilt, is it hard or dose everything connect the same? The colum is from a 87 ss Monte Carlo..

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
hecx78malibu said:
What up saint.. I have a question see if u can help me? I'm swapping my steering column for a newer column with tilt, is it hard or dose everything connect the same? The colum is from a 87 ss Monte Carlo..

Bro, bolts right in....i grabbed elko warrens 87 steering column of his BCT elko, and fit like a glove...just remove the steerring shaft...the four bolts that go into the firewall, and the two bolts that are under the column and its out, ...as for the wiring, take pics so that u know where it goes, but its pretty simple and everything falls into place...there are only i think like three plugs...

if u need help im always will to shoot out your way...you not to far from me south gate to LA, 10 mins :mrgreen: ....holla...

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
OMG!!!! Finally done with the gauges!!! What a day... In the dayum heat, sweating like a dog :cry: ...i got everything zipped tied, all the wires connected right & hidden nice, like a pro :rofl: , i had to calibrate the equus tach to the correct rpm, and that was a misson, i had a oil leak with the oil pressure gauge, fixed that... Ummmmmm had to drop the column again to put the speedcable & gauge cluster in, man oh man it was a long hot day with a 12 pack of Coors next to me!! Im just glad its done..tomorrow morning front seat belts, shouldnt be too hard, then window tint then color sand and buff in july..stay tuned..

Alittle dusty, when fully done will get full detailed:

08368736.jpg

a33aeb59.jpg

1a36292f.jpg

6693e7dd.jpg

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
niice dash futuristic looking

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
lildhix said:
niice dash futuristic looking

Thanks Kris & Lildhix....I was going for that bright look...didnt like those bulbs that come with the kit all yellow/orange...

19elcamino82

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
Houston, Tx
those guages came out really nice in white. keep up the great work

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor