1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
I know i know i said no updates till i get my wheels, but man i couldnt !!

Installing my Gilmer Pulley Set... No more belt tearing when i punch da gas...hahahaha...also has that supercharge whistle to it... Hahahaha people are going to think i have a supercharged Bu!! :rofl:

My powder coated pulleys were just getting to dusty and looks like alot of cleaning down the road.. Also looking for an aluminum 2 groove power steering pulley to match the gilmer...

6106fda0.jpg

ahhh im so jealous! if i didnt just buy aluminum pullies id buy that set. its going to look so nice! cant wait to see them instaled

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Thanks 1979ratrod..im jelous of ur ecuts..we we even!! :rofl:

WOW!!! Is all i can say...super happy, just had to get a smaller power steering belt, turned on a sounds good.. Kinda scary cuase it looks like belts going to slip off, but nahhhh its super tight...

581db940.jpg

344d3c11.jpg

[youtube]g6kiRrdldWg[/youtube]

19elcamino82

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
Houston, Tx
dude that does sound like you have a supercharger really nice clean setup. i couldnt tell but im assuming the pulleys have an extra v-groove on the back for the power steering? Nice update

Dave V

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2011
Saint get with me before u hit up Pomona I may have a hook up for you with my buddy at true connections he sells the rev wheels which are the same wheels. Text me. I'll shoot you his number also the guy at show wheels where I got my wheels makes a similar wheel as well. Text me I'll shoot you some info

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
19elcamino82 said:
dude that does sound like you have a supercharger really nice clean setup. i couldnt tell but im assuming the pulleys have an extra v-groove on the back for the power steering? Nice update

Ya ya the gilmer crank pulley has a v-groove slot in the back of pulley in pic #1 for my power steering belt its all there, Its installed already, i should of took a pic of it...thanks for ckin in bro :)

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Dave V said:
Saint get with me before u hit up Pomona I may have a hook up for you with my buddy at true connections he sells the rev wheels which are the same wheels. Text me. I'll shoot you his number also the guy at show wheels where I got my wheels makes a similar wheel as well. Text me I'll shoot you some info

Sweet!!!! Hook ups are always good... The sooner the better.. Cash Money in hand :)... Will text u..

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
1979ratrod said:
dude those came out wicked nice! sounds mint! and ive wanted electric cutouts for as long as i can remember. pick up a set. cant wait to see more

Thanks guys for the comments. love it...

1979ratrod, eventually i will get them, need to save me $$$, maybe u can walk me through how to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor