1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladodger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2012
80ELCAMINOFLAKE ,
What kind of steering wheel is that you have and where did you get it ?

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
ladodger said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE ,
What kind of steering wheel is that you have and where did you get it ?

I will pm me u with the info :)

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Sup guys.. i did test drive the malibu all day Saturday...all gauges are ok, speedometer off alittlebit, as well as the oil pressure, if u tighten the cap/screw where the plastic line goes through it pinches the line as it gets hot...but stays at 25 pressure and the highest when i give gas at 60 oil pressure so thats good, my speed tach only moves if i punch it, not at low speeds, i might need to take speed cable out the transmission and reinsert it..we will see, but over all drives like a dream...

Other than that just been chillin with the Fam, really not much to do, but to color sand and buff and tint the windows; window tint might do this weekend, then put some new 80z stickers

After the drive all day with my son, i notice the headers started pealing, after taking them down to metal, following the prep and putting the high temp header coating, they still peeled!!! I dont want to pop my hood and show rusty headers, Sooooo yea i came up on 75 ft of Tan header wrap on CL for $20, i did a little mock up to see what im dealing with and i like it, i have 24 stainless steal header wraps coming in the mail off ebay for $8.99, i didnt know this header wrap was wrapped in fiberglass too!! Im all itchy know.. :rofl: black zip ties will come out and steel ones will go in..

d8ccfaf5.jpg

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
That's what I hate about black headers but it looks like u found the solution. Hooker also makes a black ceramic coated header that won't flake or fade. Stickers should be ready in the next day or so, I'll text you when they can be picked up

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
melman109 said:
That's what I hate about black headers but it looks like u found the solution. Hooker also makes a black ceramic coated header that won't flake or fade. Stickers should be ready in the next day or so, I'll text you when they can be picked up

Sweet, thanks :D

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Sup guys, so today got my windows tinted limo tint all the way around, also put my new 80z stickers thanks Mel, and shes looking sooooo sexy...

Next is color sand and buff to get that last good shine...stay tuned..

d3e6aa8e.jpg

ae51fa13.jpg

b8418f65.jpg

b2891c75.jpg

9f5df5f3.jpg

879b314d.jpg

ebd8b01b.jpg

[youtube]-97dqbu4Qcg[/youtube]

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Sup guys, so today got my windows tinted limo tint all the way around, also put my new 80z stickers thanks Mel, and shes looking sooooo sexy...

Next is color sand and buff to get that last good shine...stay tuned..

d3e6aa8e.jpg

ae51fa13.jpg

b8418f65.jpg

b2891c75.jpg

9f5df5f3.jpg

879b314d.jpg

ebd8b01b.jpg

[youtube]-97dqbu4Qcg[/youtube]
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor