1979 coupe door windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Hi looks like I bought the wrong size windows for my Malibu Classic!

The glass I have on the car is chipped n stuff

The glass I bought is slightly shorter?

Can anyone tell me or have a spec sheet for the proper size windows. As I’m going to a junk yard. And have to do my OWN. Sizing. This time. Thanks Dez

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Can anyone tell me or have a spec sheet for the proper size windows. As I’m going to a junk yard. And have to do my OWN. Sizing. This time. Thanks Dez
You might of picked up 37/47 coupe windows for the "special" coupes, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Cutlass Supreme/Calais. Regal. You'll need windows for a 27 coupe, Malibu, LeMans, Grand Am ('78-'81). Not sure but might be able to use 87 coupe windows, Cutlass Salon, Century. Most windows sould have "27", "37/47", "87" on them below the belt line where you wouldn't see it unless the glass was out or the door panel is off.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
This is from my 1979 manual.

P1012079.JPG
While not really clear here is the etched body style numbers you are looking for.

20220625_201935.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Malibu windows are longer than other g bodies, Lemans and Grand Am are also the same, but rarer than hens teeth.

Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I never noticed there were etchings in door windows to designate window size and therefore model differences. I'm definitely going to look the next time my door panels are off.
This is one of the many reasons why This Forum is the best (and addicting). I have learned a lot since I have joined.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I need a pair of windows too, but I also need doors. Figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. That's been proving harder to do than I thought though.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Is there no aftermarket available for the windows?

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
There's an '85 monte carlo recently set at the west el paso pick a part. It has doors, side glass already out and surprisingly good interior pieces - inner quarter plastic trims etc. Good information on the different glass, figured El Camino / Sprint were the only different door glass for these cars. Have to wonder, why did they come out with two slightly different door glass, instead of making ALL coupes the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor