1979 royal knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedchevy

Apprentice
Jun 1, 2011
CaLi
Well I cracked the windshield on my el camino being that there so hard to find now adays wanna know what other g body I can find a windshield on ??? Please help

DONT goto safelight! its too much. what i did was find a locak shop with goole and asked pricing for our car. i got quoted a year or 2 ago for 170ish and they will remove the trim and the old windoew and install the new window with antenne. so just see whats local to you. the reason i say stay away from safe light is they will not remove the trim and its over 250 bucks.

beermonkey9417 said:
DONT goto safelight! its too much. what i did was find a locak shop with goole and asked pricing for our car. i got quoted a year or 2 ago for 170ish and they will remove the trim and the old windoew and install the new window with antenne. so just see whats local to you. the reason i say stay away from safe light is they will not remove the trim and its over 250 bucks.
I appreciate the response but I really wanna head over to my local pick a part and just take 1 out of a g body I just need to know what car I can take it from being that there are no el caminos

Help me out you guys theres gotta be a g bodys out there that are interchangeable windsheilds for el Camino.. :?:

el_sonoma said:
Any of the 2 door G bodies: Monte, Grand Prix, Cutlass or Regal should fit.
Great thanks

Yea I just had it done on my 98 Grand Am. With some shopping it only cost $120. That was experienced removal & installation.

Any pics of the Royal Knight? My brother had one. Finally had to sand off what was left of the hood sticker and paint it before it rusted the hood too deep. I know it had 200,000+ on the original 305 when he sold it.

Just be careful removing the windshield from a boneyard car. You may end up cracking it too. That's exactly what happened to me. Also make sure you don't have to pay for it up front. Some yards will charge you before removing it.
It doesn't take much to crack one.. :?

Longroof79 said:
Just be careful removing the windshield from a boneyard car. You may end up cracking it too. That's exactly what happened to me. Also make sure you don't have to pay for it up front. Some yards will charge you before removing it.
well my local boneyard here is having a 50 percent off sale :wink: with windshield for $15 bucks only problem is there's no el co out here I need to find out what vehicles are interchangeable

bleedchevy said:
Longroof79 said:
well my local boneyard here is having a 50 percent off sale :wink: with windshield for $15 bucks only problem is there's no el co out here I need to find out what vehicles are interchangeable
any 80 malibu there? if so i need a driver headlight bezel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor